Turning 50 and Overweight to boot!

Options
Hello Everyone!
I'm new to MFP. Turning 50 on the 5th. (SO not happy about that one) :'(
I'm 5'6 and 35lbs over weight. Heard of MFP from a friend who lost over 100lbs and another who lost 40lbs so thought I'd give it a try. I'm not fond of "tracking" but heard it was really easy on MFP.

Looking forward to the adventure. (not really) LOL! o:)

Replies

• Tblackdogs
    Tblackdogs Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I'll be turning 50 later this year and want to live a long, long time in a healthy body! MFP has been really great for me. Add me as a friend if you want motivation and encouragement. I'm on here everyday!
  • PacificLotus
    PacificLotus Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Turning 50 in November...49 was tough enough! Also started needing to lose about 35-ish pounds. Half way there! Feel free to add me. :)
  • candee65
    Options
    Okay stupid question but how do I add a friend on MFP?
  • mrsltb
    mrsltb Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi
    We're in the same boat...I just turned 50 last week.
    Looking for support.....we can do this!
  • gettingold2015
    gettingold2015 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have just rejoined my fitness pal. I feel like if I don't get in shape now at 49 I will never do it. I never had a problem with weight and I could eat anything I wanted, but that all came to a stop as soon as I turned 40!
  • glivinlife
    glivinlife Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone... I am 49 and ready to be healthy by my 50th later this year also.
    Feel free to add me if you want. :)
  • DvrDawg
    DvrDawg Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Same here - 49 and trying to be "Fit at Fifty" - feel free to add me.
  • imthemomma
    imthemomma Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just starting with MFP, will be 50 the end of the month, wanting to take some weight off and lead a healthier life
  • sgantonucci
    sgantonucci Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Am turning 50 as well this year. I am not looking forward to turning 50 and STILL being overweight. I want the next part of my life to be healthier! I could use some encouragement and would be glad to encourage others. I have never posted on a board so I am not sure if I am even doing this right.
  • bob7bob
    bob7bob Posts: 4 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hi. I was 50 in September. 5' 4", 196lbs. (Lost 9lbs in just over a month). Came here via Diet Chef.
    Being 50 is no different to being 49, just closer to retirement ;)

78126799.png
  • EPmomdoc
    EPmomdoc Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Have been 50 and was fit and healthy till this past yr
    Just joined Mfp this weekend after weightwat her hasn't kept me motivated any more
    Can someone tell me about the friends? What r your favorite boards?
    How do you save ur most common meals etc so us don't have to keep typing every food in.?
    Any other tips?
  • EPmomdoc
    EPmomdoc Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I meant I am now in my 50s with full time job and 2 kids in college , one working and we are empty nesters and eating out a lot with desserts and drinks - need to lose 15 peds and exercise regularly
  • Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I passed the 50 milestone 3 1/2 years ago and know how you feel about it. I wasn't overweight at the time, but I began gaining weight so fast I couldn't believe it--So I got on here 3 days ago with a goal of losing 29 lbs. I like sugar, vegan cooking, international foods, and practical exercise like walking to the store for groceries, walking my dogs, doing yard work. Looking for friends in my age range for motivation. I've already noticed how much it helps!
  • trajanAz
    trajanAz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    candee65 wrote: »
    Okay stupid question but how do I add a friend on MFP?
    Click on their profile picture or name, that will bring up their profile. Once in their profile you'll see a green button that says add as friend.
  • kat65
    kat65 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I turn 50 this year also, sigh. I am working on losing this weight, but I have much much more to lose than you do. LOL. It is a drag logging in your food, but everyone on here is so supportive that it's well worth it! Good luck!!!
  • RockinMBC
    RockinMBC Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 - and 25-30 pounds over where I'd like to be. Add me! I could really use some friends with the same struggles / goals to keep me accountable! Carbs and wine are my downfall - ugh! I'm into vegetarian / vegan cooking - although I eat fish as well. I have some physical aches and pains, so I'm easing back into exercising by walking our dog a mile + each day, doing the elliptical at the gym, and occasionally rocking out with the band I play bass in. (Fun!)
  • KardioKim
    KardioKim Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya! Add me if you like. Sometimes I fall off the wagon but always get back on... :smile: