Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred

Options
I just got the DVD for Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred last week. However I've been bumbed about my weight plataue and haven't started the workouts. I have seen that many ppl have tried this dvd so was wondering if ppl could tell me if they liked it, was it worth it/ effective? And how much weight they lost ect. Hoping to gain some motivation.

Replies

• mckant
    mckant Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Unfortuntately, I didn't keep track of my weight or measurements when I did the Shred. I will say, though, that I definitely toned up. Not bad for less than 30 minutes a day!
  • DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    I just started it yesterday still feel it in my arms and other parts of my body :) If you would like buddy me :)
    Regarding if you eat enough calorie check out : http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
  • tara4487
    tara4487 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    i like it .it really makes you sweat! kinda hard at times i usually do the video and go to the gym i try o do the video on the days i cant make it to the gym but its pretty good not crazy about it
  • zucena
    zucena Posts: 43
    Options
    I just ordered it.. Should receive it any day this week... Don't get discouraged just keep going. Add me as a MFP buddy and we can encourage one another... (of course after I get mine) LOL:wink:
  • gregoryk1121
    gregoryk1121 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I only did it for a few days before I got really sick and I haven't been motivated to try it again (with 3 kids in the house it's hard to do dvd's.)
    I liked that she works in a circuit- you have 3 sets of cardio, then strength, then abs (if I remember correctly.) The sets go by quickly so you're motivated to keep at it and the workout is over before you know it. I only did the first level, but I feel like it was pretty "do-able" it was a good workout, but not too hard so you'd get discouraged. you can also change the intensity with different weights.
    I can't speak to weight loss from the program because I simply didn't do it enough, but I would expect you'd have to incorporate more cardio to see big results.
  • standarddancinggirl
    standarddancinggirl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i love it. I just use 3 pound weights but it is still hard and you get can heavier ones the longer you go with it. :)
  • Jerzeeblondie
    Jerzeeblondie Posts: 236
    Options
    I really liked it, I also like her new dvd Ripped in 30!
    I will say don't be surprised if you seem to gain or not lose anything after level 1, but it will come off by level 2. Just saying this cause I know myself and a few others had this problem one of the times that I did it. I think it's cause of gaining muscle and your body is adjusting.

It is definitely a good workout, but I personally lost a few inches and toned up more so than lost any pounds. If it is the only dvd you are going to do then expect to lose inches and tone up! If you want to lose more pounds I'd suggest adding in a bit more cardio, but that all depends on your body, like you said you have been stuck right now so maybe this is the video that will help you with that! good luck
  • jules_78
    jules_78 Posts: 1
    Options
    I think it is a great DVD! You will definately firm up and lose pounds and inches. It is a hard workout if you have not been working out much. I have a friend that does it every morning and she has lost probably 15 pounds (she didn't have much to lose) but she has completely toned up her entire body! She lost her "ghetto booty" she always had in college and she has a flat stomach and defined arms. Just don't get discouraged if you have trouble keeping up with Jillian when you first start!
  • Rach911
    Rach911 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 10 today and LOVE the way it makes me feel!! In the 1st week, I dropped 1.5 pounds, 1/2" in my waist, 1" in my hips & 1.5" in my thighs. I just started measuring my arms, but I'm hoping to lose some of that flab too! Its a great workout. The 1st few days were difficult, I'm not gonna lie. I hurt so bad in my legs, abs and arms, but I truly believe if you stick to it then it will work! Good luck!
  • Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on level 2 and I still love it! I had lost some weight prior to starting 30DS but since starting I've lost 4.5 lbs in two weeks (one of those weeks was my TOM). I haven't done any measurements since I've started but plan to do them maybe at the end of level 2...definitely at the end of level 3. I'm definitely seeing increased definition and endurance. Then, I'm going to start all over again and up my hand weights from 3 lbs to 5 lbs. I really do love this DVD...great workout for 26 minutes a day. I get to do it before work...and that leaves me time to squeeze in another workout at the gym on my way home from work!
  • blh_1010
    blh_1010 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I finsihed 25 days (had to stop due to some personal things going on in my family). I plan on taking it up again soon. You will lose inches if you just follow MFP and do 30 day shred...you will lose pounds if you do the shred and also incorporate some more cardio on your own. I did cardio before and you can see I lost 20lbs...then when I started the shred I lost 10 inches in 25 days...so that is super awesome, though the scale never moved, it just stayed the same. My body was firming up and everyone could notice a huge difference! (the inches came off of my waist and hips)
  • Mommaof3Boys2011
    Options
    O.P.- I'm glad you asked this I have it in my cart on Amazon.com but have been hesitant to purchase it. However seeing the positive posts have really helped convince me. afterall its under $7 so if it doesnt work i wont be out a lot of money.
  • runnermel
    runnermel Posts: 278
    Options
    it is a great workout. I was supposed to do it this morning, but slept in. Must get my butt up in the morning and get it done!!!
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I'm only on l1d3 I really like the DVD it's short and keeps you going without having time to look at the clock :) I believe I will see good results.
  • melissa0001
    melissa0001 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I did two rounds of the shred and had amazing results

post at end of round 1
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/195358-1-round-of-30-day-shred-done-2nd-started-today

post at end of round 2

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/218252-30-day-shred-round-2-complete

I am now on week 3 of ripped in 30 (jillian's newest) so far 5.2 lbs loss and several inches all over.
  • reynoldsjo
    reynoldsjo Posts: 9
    Options
    I did it for 5 days last week and lost 6 pounds. I have used it in the past and had really good results and toned up fast. I have done 3 days at level one this week and lost nothing so far, so am going to move to level two. It's amazing the difference as your body starts to get stronger
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    i am on day 18.....advice...if u have hit a plateau, do it...the kicker is dedication...this isnt a 30 day miracle worker if you dont put your all into it..meaning...dont i mean dont eat over your budget...and do it EVERYDAY...if u need a break take a day or two but for the most part PLAN on doing it everyday until your body says stop....if u eat right and do it for 30 days u will see a difference...its 10 days on each level..but the key is EVERYDAY...i had hit a dry spell in weight loss and picked up this dvd for the times i couldnt make it to the gym...but after reading on it it is definitely meant for everyday...today is day 18 for me...i went 16 days straight before i took and off day...by body forced me to take 2 days off and rev up and now i am on day 18 and i plan on going strong for the next 12 days....i have randomly added extra cardio 30 min here 20 min here when i can, but jillian everyday...the workout alone is enough....i started dieting with the site on 4.13 at 170 pounds...i started jillian 2 days later on 4.15 and today i weigh 161!!!! yes 9 pounds of weight loss in less than i month...i def give a lot of props to jillians assistance in this...when u workout everyday it also assists in eating better....DO IT! it will get you back on track! FYI : its not a foo foo workout!
  • Mrfsgirl
    Mrfsgirl Posts: 3
    Options
    I have a love hate relationship with the Shred!! I just moved on to level 2, its a killer!!! I could barely walk after the workout!!
    I don't do it everyday....I alternate workouts, but I can definitely see some toning in my arms and my legs!!!!
  • marianeo
    marianeo Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I started on Monday, so I have done 3 days so far! first day was good, 2nd day I was a bit sore so the strength training felt hard. Today, the cardio was hard! I guess if you put your mind to it and keep going anything is possible :smile: Havn't seen any results yet - its still early days but I'm going to keep on with it!
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I did it, and had great results. I lost almost 10 inches and lost 11.6 lbs. It took me about 6 weeks to complete due to personal issues, but I completed it. It does get boring sometimes because it is repetative, but just keep going. Make sure to take your measurements before hand, so you can compare when you are finished. Jillian is great!!! Plateaus suck; I have hit 2 of them in my journey. You will overcome it, trust me. Just keep pushing through. You need a change to overcome it.