Looking for friends - any women out there about 5'3" and 160 lbs?

Options
Hi, there! My name is Maria and I've been on MFP for a couple of years, but only seriously started to buckle down with my nutrition and fitness since this past summer. Weight loss is slloooooow for me. I'm about 5'3" (5'4" on a good day, LOL) and currently 163 lbs. I'm looking for friends of similar build & height, so I can check out your food diaries and get some encouragement along the way. ANY and ALL friends are great, but it's tough to relate to someone who is male or has a lot of weight to lose. My goal is 145 lbs, so I've got about 15-20 lbs to go. I also *loosely* follow the Perfect Health Diet (a form of Paleo eating) and I've started running. I'm also about to give Bob Harper's Black Fire 60-day workout program a try. I love running on trails, but I live in Northern MI so that's not possible at the moment.

Thanks! Looking forward to hearing from you...!!!

Replies

• ketorach
    ketorach Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and add me. I'm 5'3.5" and 171lbs. I'm not the most consistent logger/tracker, but I do what I can. I've lost 22 pounds since September. My goal weight is also around 145.

Good luck!
  • Birdy989
    Birdy989 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Awesome, will do! Thanks...
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I was at 195-ish. Now am at about 120. Still working on it, mostly body composition (fat loss, building muscle). You can TOTALLY do this! Feel free to add me! :smile:

I'm originally from the Detroit area! Now live in SoCal.
  • Birdy989
    Birdy989 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Wow, awesome! Thanks Psychgrrl. Great job on your success!
  • Marzstar
    Marzstar Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking for some friends, so would love it if you added me too! I'm 5'2", 168lbs and hoping to get back down to 130. I have been on and off MFP but am determined to get myself back on track this year.
  • missbirrell
    Options
    I am 5 4 according to me, but 5 3 according to the hospital! I'm currently at 143, down from 217 and am aiming for 126. Add me! :)
  • tenmilesaday
    tenmilesaday Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    so add me, all y'all? cos I'm 5'3, 153 and just missing size 4's. Around 120 would feel lovely, especially if I could turn it into muscle this time. I've lost weight a couple times, gotten in the 1teens but just from tons of running and low cal eating and never been able to make muscles anywhere but my legs.
  • jnaylor342014
    jnaylor342014 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 5'4 and looking to lose around 20lbs. Please add me as I would love some friends on here for motivation!
  • irmagutierrez90
    Options
    Hello my b first time here I am 5 5 wt 185 I don't know what to do eat portion control or all protien . I am also depressed turning 43 years I hate my body. Thanks irma
  • suze1001
    suze1001 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm 5"4, weigh 164lbs, want to lose 20lbs. I've only just started (have logged stuff years ago though). I would like to connect with people to help keep me motivated. If you (are anyone else that has replied to this post) wants to add me that would be great:-)
  • CarrieCans
    CarrieCans Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I just found out i'm 5'4 and not 5'3... Today i am 151 lbs. Started a couple of months ago at 180 and i just changed my goal from 135 to 130 for now.

I could use more friends too.
  • Anikib
    Anikib Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm a little shorter at 5' , (my license every says 5'1
  • mlorraine777
    Options
    CarrieCans wrote: »
    I just found out i'm 5'4 and not 5'3... Today i am 151 lbs. Started a couple of months ago at 180 and i just changed my goal from 135 to 130 for now.

I could use more friends too.

• Jojomotivated
    Jojomotivated Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hey :D I'm 5'3 at 180. I'd like to get down to 140. Sadly, my diary is private though. I'd still like to be your friend =)
  • mlorraine777
    Options
    5'4 164 working on my first week of logging, starving all the time but managed to finally hit calorie intake after a few days! Can't believe that I was eating so much!!
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" started at 185 now down to 175 my goal is 125. You can add me if you'd like, I've been doing the Energy program at work-seeing a dietician and Nurse Practicioner.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    5'3" n 158 lbs. I would like to get down to 130-140. :flowerforyou:
  • cubsgirlinny
    cubsgirlinny Posts: 282 Member
    Options
  • olehcat
    olehcat Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    you're welcome to add me! I'm 5'2.5" and about 160 currently, age 44. I also have started eating mostly paleo-style (more for specific health reasons than because I think it is some magic weight loss tool). I'm not always good about logging food and my diary is private, but I do talk about what I eat and I am always willing to share. My goal is 120, but I will be very happy to even touch 138 again (which was my norm for many years before a recent weight gain)!
  • JoanaMHill
    JoanaMHill Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    5'3, 170 lbs right now. My goals are going in increments so my goal right now is 160 and I'll set a new one once I see how I feel at that weight. Most of my exercise is walking and my body cycle. Feel free to add me!