Eating out?

Options
If you eat out and consume 2,000 calories, can you work those extra calories off to get down to your daily allowance calories?

Replies

• FitFroglet
    FitFroglet Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Technically you could, but my highest "calories burned" in the last 90 days is 1758 and that day involved over 2.5 hours of walking, an hour of running and 55 minutes at the gym.

You'd really have to go some to reach 2,000 calories burned!

When I eat out, if I'm trying to hit my calorie goal that day, I try to pick something relatively light that I'll still enjoy, or cut down on the portion size of the thing I really want.

Whatever you decide, I hope you have a great meal. One day over target won't kill your weightloss; it's the everyday habits that really add up.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Sure, you can, but keep in mind that calorie burns for exercise are low compared to what you can eat. Ferinstance, I tend to burn about 30 calories per 100 yards swum. I burned a little under a thousands calories swimming two miles! So, for me (and I'm heavy enough they list me at a fairly high calorie burn), I'd have to work out about three and a half hours to burn off two thousand calories.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Just carry on with your normal eating and expect a slower loss for a week or two.
  • ohiohannah2
    Options
    Thanks everyone...maybe I worded it a little off because I would have to burn 600 calories to get to my daily calorie goal. I meant that I had consumed that many for my day.
  • Sandiki2Point0
    Sandiki2Point0 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    Just carry on with your normal eating and expect a slower loss for a week or two.

This ^

So long as it isn't a habit or becoming one. Just resume pre-consumption allotment.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone...maybe I worded it a little off because I would have to burn 600 calories to get to my daily calorie goal. I meant that I had consumed that many for my day.

Yeah that's more doable, although personally I would just take a few days to make up for it, I burn 400 calories on very good days, lol.