Sharing a great Bread Cheat

Options
rsjohnb
rsjohnb Posts: 215 Member
I might be the last person in the world to realise this but if you are a bread lover like me (easy pre diet 8 slice a day) then if you swap to the Hovis small brown loaf you basically half the calories. (60 versus 112 in normal white)

I KNOW this is really obvious but I just found out about it so though I best share it lol.

Replies

• wildcowbell
    wildcowbell Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I eat the Mrs Bairds Honey Wheat - 70 cals a slice. Great with a can of light tuna (90 cals) 2 tbsp light mayo (70 cals) and a yogurt and fruit. Great low cal lunch for a sandwich lover like me!
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Sara Lee 45 calories a slice multi grain. Light and fluffy yummy
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Yeah for me most of the 40-45 calorie breads are not even worth it, but I haven't tried the Sara Lee stuff. Typically I get the smaller loaves at 65-70 calories a slice too. Perfect size for my kids and not too bad calorie-wise on the days when I actually want a sandwich.
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Bagel thins are nice for this too.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Sara Lee 45 calories a slice multi grain. Light and fluffy yummy

I actually tried the whole wheat bread this past week and did like it. We usually have Arnolds 40 calorie slices but it's like eating air. There are very few whole wheat products I actually enjoy but that Sara Lee was pretty good.

If only I could fit a good chewy sour dough every day.......