Need Motivation

Options
I am new to MFP. I have grown children and now need to put some attention on myself.
I want to lose 25 lbs and get on a healthy eating plan and consistent exercise plan. I have a tendancy not to stay committed so any advise would be appreciated on how to stay motivated.
Thanks for listening and good luck to all on their healthy living commitment!

Replies

• DvlDwnInGA
    DvlDwnInGA Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    It is the time of year that everyone is making resolutions. Wouldn't it be nice next year to not have the same resolution as this year? What are you waiting for? Go do it.
  • jellybeanpumba
    jellybeanpumba Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Since you don't have too much to loose (I need to loose 100 pounds), I would say to start with a smaller goal say 5 pounds in the 1st month. I find it a lot easier to focus on a smaller number than the larger one. Then next month focus on the next five and by the end of that month you have already lost almost half. :smile:
  • bonnieh1638
    bonnieh1638 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    thanks for the replies
    day one is over - taking one day at a time!
  • lauraskinny58
    lauraskinny58 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I too am dealing with weight issues as I hit the middle fifties. It's hard to stay on top of the good eating habits. I find the nights to be my hardest challenge, just want to eat and veg out. However, I am inspired Bonnie. I am with you on this path. Let's just do it!
  • bonnieh1638
    Options
    Thanks Laura. It seems the weight just goes on easier the older you get. I have a 27yr old daughter that is obsessed with crossfit - she looks and feels great and is a good inspiration! However, lets be honest, I don't think I will ever look as healthy as her but I'm willing to make changes for the better! Not sure how to add a person but lets stay in touch.
  • unrulysherlock
    unrulysherlock Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks Laura. It seems the weight just goes on easier the older you get. I have a 27yr old daughter that is obsessed with crossfit - she looks and feels great and is a good inspiration! However, lets be honest, I don't think I will ever look as healthy as her but I'm willing to make changes for the better! Not sure how to add a person but lets stay in touch.

You could absolutely look as healthy as her! Dont sell yourself short, you can do this!
  • donnagehrlich
    Options
    I started today and i need to lose 50lbs. However I had surgery 18 mos ago and didn't heal properly so I can't stand or walk for any length of time. I did buy a recumbent bike. Now i just have to use It!
  • bonnieh1638
    Options
    well I had great intentions last nite to do the Jessica smith 30 minute video on utube
    This morning I realized I pulled a muscle so I will take off tonite. This is how the cycle starts, you miss one day and you get discouraged. I won't let it defeat me--I will try again tomorrow nite so I don't make it worse. I am determined to set a schedule and stick to it!