Hello Out There!!

Options
Im Shayne and I live in northern Arizona, originally from northern California. I was on WW a couple years ago and did well - but gained it back after a series of bad health issues. Im coming out of all that and thought this is the time to make some serious changes in my life. To get back in the game. I want to lose the weight and look and feel better - but im also want to do it for my health. I have a 14yo daughter and I want to be around for her. Most of my friends are 10 or 15 years younger than me and in great shape - so Im really needing to connect with people who know what it's like to struggle with weight issues, to have to push myself to exercise and do it anyway...and to have the limitations that being 50+ can put on you. Im still figuring out how everything works here..... Do i have to buy a scale? Cos I dont have one and really dont want one......

Replies

• jack0912
    jack0912 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Best of luck shayne.. I have a scale because I need to keep track to keep me motivated.. but I know a lot of people who prefer to go on measurements or just how their clothes feel to track weight loss..
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Hi Shayne, Welcome :) A food scale is definitely helpful in accuracy in weighing foods. If you're asking about a weight scale that's really up to you, perhaps you can weigh at the Doctors office or a friends periodically if you don't want a scale of your own in the house? :)

The number on the scale varies greatly and changing our eating habits is really one of more important measurements on how we're doing. :) Some folks choose not to weigh because they become obsessed with the numbers or it becomes a trigger for them.