Fitness DVD's

Options
Ok, I am just starting my healthy life transformation. Yes, of course I want to lose weight, but that isn't what it is all about for me. I want to be healthier for my kids and fiance. I don't have the money to spend on a gym every month. I know I can go out and walk(never been good at running ever), but I was also thinking about getting some workout DVD's to do in the living room. Like I said I am just starting and I'm not really sure what is a good workout program to start with. Any help would be really appreciated!!

Replies

• Tasha3105
    Options
    I personally love the jillian michaels DVDs some of them are not for the faint hearted though haha! Personal fave is the yoga meltdown one :)
  • Soon2BeMrsSherriff
    Soon2BeMrsSherriff Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to look into her DVD's. Thank you so much
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Fitnessblender.com is free! Check out their videos. There are also some Walk Away the Pounds workouts on YouTube that might work for you.

In terms of programs to buy, I really like a lot of the P90X3 workouts, but you'd probably get more out of them after a bout with Jillian Michaels or some such.
  • jfp420
    jfp420 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    T25 is great if you don't have a lot of time. I also have Jillian MIchaels and the Firm -Thin in 30.
  • rebeccawwalters
    rebeccawwalters Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You Tube has Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred levels 1, 2, and 3 that you can watch for free as well as her yoga video
  • Butrovich
    Butrovich Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    P90X3 was a great series and more enjoyable than the P90X series. If you have your own dumbbells, you can also try Body Beast depending on what your goals are.
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone walking dvds
  • acmanna
    acmanna Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I second fitnessblender. It is free and they have tons of different videos. Jillian Michaels yoga meltdown is a killer if I remember correctly. I don't think it is really for a beginner
  • summerreyes429
    summerreyes429 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I enjoy Insanity! I don't do the 6 days though. I get burned out to easy.
  • Chandler330
    Chandler330 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Youtube has a ton of exercise dvds uploaded. I'd try a few out and see what you enjoy before buying :) I wish I had done that with a yoga dvd I received for Christmas - sticking my tongue out while growling doesn't exactly say soothing practice to me :\ . Fitnessblender is awesome! If you're just starting out you might want to try Beginner Shred with JM before moving up to the regular 30 day Shred. I've enjoyed it and am feeling more confident about moving on to 30 day shred when I finish in a couple of weeks. Dance fitness with Jessica on Youtube is also a lot of fun. My friend's little girls sometimes do it with her and it's super cute.
  • quilt938
    quilt938 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I 2nd youtube - even some Leslie Sansone workouts are on there free (though they disappear a lot - search 'leslie sansone', ' 1 mile walk, 2 mile walk' etc. also jessica smith has TONS of different workouts and some are walking workouts or easier and some are more challenging. lots of stuff on youtube.

for dvds I have lots of Leslie Sansone, Ellen Barrett, Kelly Coffey Meyer is good for weights and has one called 'start here' or something like that for beginners though all can be modified.
  • Soon2BeMrsSherriff
    Soon2BeMrsSherriff Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone, I'm going out today to see if I can find some
  • fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    YouTube is great to try out stuff.
  • CleanUpWhatIMessedUp
    Options
    You can find a lot of good stuff on youtube and it's free, which is a bonus.

I like doing these sometimes because they will tell you a general range of the number of calories you are burning and I find it helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPTeuiy0fpo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5COzZlxaI4

I can never make it through the second video, but I try :)
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    I have several exercise DVDs. The ones I've used consistently are the DDP Yoga ones. They cover a range of abilities, have different lengths of workouts (great if you just want to fit in 20 minutes) and the exercises don't take up much space (or equipment). They are expensive, though! And you do have to like DDP's style or it will start to grate pretty quickly!
  • ryanhorn
    ryanhorn Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender and Youtube! It's the cheapest way to go! If you're willing to spend some money though, I'd recommend Les Mills Combat. It's a ton of fun.
  • rockymtgrl
    Options
    Last summer i lost 48lbs off all jillian michaels dvds two are the best burn fat boost metabolisim and the ripped in thirty both dvds everyday except sundays lol
  • kmatti844
    kmatti844 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    jessicasmithtv.com She has walking dvds to purchase, plus free videos on her website.

I also use fitnessblender.com and their workout plans.
  • Orfygirl
    Orfygirl Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    On Youtube I use Realfit.tv. You can get everything from strength training, HIIT, kickboxing, step aerobics and then some have a mixture. I also agree with fitness blender on Youtube, but it does get a little boring because there is no music and the voice is very monotone. I would suggest playing your music so you don't get bored. I did Jillian Michaels' DVDs for the longest time with no results. I like her but if you have tried one of her DVDs you have tried them all and when you get to the highest level there is no further to go so you may get bored real quick.
  • kaysnelson9
    kaysnelson9 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i love the ten minute solution dvd's last time i was on a diet i found these were really good to fit in with a busy schedule.