new year, restart

Options
I'm Laura, not so new on this but first time posting... feel like i need a reshuffle, I seem to be stuck.so opposed to the whole "new year, new me" i'll be using '15 to try and get back to the old me. :) in 2014, I lost 32lbs, and then lost track. I wouldn't say i've gained any of it back i've just stopped losing the weight. I'm taking myself off of pause and hopefully i'll hit target this year. any help/ tips, chats appreciated. :)

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    couple questions..

how long have you been dieting?
    how many calories were you eating a day during said diet?
    do you own a food scale and weigh/log/measure everything?
    have you readjusted your calories based on 32 pound loss?
    what is your age/height/weight/gender
    do you work out?
  • murphey21
    murphey21 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. I have been really slacking off this past month with the holidays, so I am getting back on track. My advice is stay active on here and track everything. The community here is wonderful! Feel free to add me as a friend. Good luck!
  • Skchunsa7
    Skchunsa7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have lost a few pounds this year, but I am also struggling to continue to my target goal. The last few weeks have been tough. Someone suggested to have more than a targeted weight goal. Set other goals that you would like to achieve that may be fitness or health related. Also read the book the willpower challenge, its a great read to increase overall willpower. The good thing is that you are not alone in your journey. Many people including myself are also struggling with their weight. Let's spur each other on!
  • caitastic24
    caitastic24 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Focusing on exercise has been the way I have lost the most weight. I have been on this site for years and it took a while to get into a routine. Now I find it extremely helpful and log daily :-)

I run monthly biking challenges, too, if you are interested, you can join at: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/101528-bikejanuary
  • LosingLaurensWay
    LosingLaurensWay Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    What did you do before to lose the weight?
  • saratabea
    Options
    I totally understand you all. The last two months I gained a few pounds, especially during the holidays. Now I am starting working out again and changing my eating habits. :)