Losing 70lbs need motivation and friends

Options
I have already been down this road alone. I was 22 yes old, 5'9, and 318lbs. I lost 145lbs then got discouraged and lost my drive. I'm hoping I can find some friends and motivation to help me get back to that mindset. I can also give advise and support because I been there before.

Replies

• Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Hey there,
    Firstly, welcome to MFP! You sound like you have the right mindset to make this journey to a healthier lifestyle a great expirience for you. You have the positive memories and expiriences of what worked last time (and the things that didn't) and now you have equipped yourself with the tools (not least the support offered through the fantastic supportive members of these forums) that MFP offers that I am positive you will get that healthy lifestyle that you deserve and make great friends along the way(win win!!)!

I wish you all the very best with your journey!!

Adam
  • allunits
    allunits Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss. You did it once and you can do it again. I will send you a friend request, feel free to accept if you want!
  • caitastic24
    caitastic24 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    First off, a BIG CONGRATS on your previous loss! That shows you have already down the hardest work and will be able to continue to be successful going forward :-)

It took me a while to utilize this site to the point where I logged daily and transformed my goals into a lifestyle mindset. Feel free to add me for motivation and support.

I run monthly biking challenges, too, if you are interested, you can join at: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/101528-bikejanuary
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your previous successes. Sounds like you know what it takes, which is great for me and others. Welcome to MFP.
  • LosingLaurensWay
    LosingLaurensWay Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I've lost 140 lbs so far and I'm still going down! I'll add ya!
  • allnatural843
    allnatural843 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!!!!!!
  • Amanda682015
    Amanda682015 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 60 friend me if you like. Iam 4 days in
  • renethepooh
    renethepooh Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have been successful at weight loss before. I'm sure you will be able to do it again. I have 70 pounds to lose as well. What time frame are you shooting for as a goal date?
    It would be great to have someone to share stories with
  • missjones513
    missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    My goal is 70 too. Lost 13 last year so I'm focusing on the last 57 this year.

I tried to lose weight back in 2009 - 2010 but lost focus and gained it back. Just take it one day at a time and believe in yourself.
  • allnatural843
    Options
    Sounds like you have been successful at weight loss before. I'm sure you will be able to do it again. I have 70 pounds to lose as well. What time frame are you shooting for as a goal date?
    It would be great to have someone to share stories with

I always got the most success when I did fasting so I'm shooting to lose it within the next four months. The end of April or May at the latest. 4 lbs a week is my current goal.
  • renethepooh
    Options
    I am horrible at fasting.
    I tried the juice fast and didnt last long on that.
  • renethepooh
    Options
    How do I bookmark this so it's easier to find?
  • allnatural843
    Options
    How do I bookmark this so it's easier to find?

Click on the star in the top corner (thats mobile but find the star if on the computer)
    I am horrible at fasting.
    I tried the juice fast and didnt last long on that.

That was after I lost 50+ pounds. I started with small meals. They weren't what you consider 'healthy meals' either. I would eat goldfish and yogurt. Or 5 chicken nuggets. Not at all what you call healthy but it was healthy compared to my old habits. 3 big meals. I once eat sherbet all day and lose a pound or 2. And fasting only lasts a week for me. I lose 10 pounds eating once I day but it is mentally exhausting lol I love food!!!!!!!!
  • jillmckenzie
    jillmckenzie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 80 lbs this year. I could use friends and support on here to hold me accountable and for tips along the way. Feel free to friend me if you need the same support. Thanks!
  • renethepooh
    Options
    I usually try to cut down on my fat intake and eat smaller portions. Walking helps me a lot but it's so cold right now.
  • ThinWithGreatSkin
    ThinWithGreatSkin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Add me, I've started Sept 2013 lost 28lbs and gained 13 back so restarting! :)
  • renethepooh
    Options
    So what ideas are you all trying for this week?
    Right now I'm just trying to get back in the habit of logging my food.
  • caitastic24
    caitastic24 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Sometimes that's just the way it goes! I can't tell you how many times I've tried this whole weight loss thing. I lost close to 50lbs at one time and gained it all back. I'm finally on my way to losing it all and feel this time I will actually keep it off. Feel free to add me :-) I log daily and post quite a bit. Plus, I run monthly biking challenges as well.
  • allnatural843
    Options
    So what ideas are you all trying for this week?
    Right now I'm just trying to get back in the habit of logging my food.

Drink more water and be active every day. Logging isn't all that important to me but my steps on my jawbone are. I started using MFP more because it recently started showing my step progress from my jawbone on my home screen which means I don't have to put up with the messy jawbone app.
  • rgmooney66
    rgmooney66 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I need all the help I can get