So EXCITED! My articleposted on Jamie Oliver's site

Options
Mickie17
Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
http://www.jamieoliver.com/us/foundation/jamies-food-revolution/news-content/chocolate-milk-healthy-discussions-creat

So excited that a healthy endeavor with my 6th grade students is "making the news." :) This week we are studying breakfast cereals, next week energy drinks and the following week we attackthe prepackaged foods!!! If you have ideas for us, we'd love to hear them!!! :)

Replies

• maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    How exciting... and wonderful for both you and your students
  • Grabercj
    Grabercj Posts: 9
    Options
    Thats awesome! Great job!
  • andipandi
    andipandi Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    wow! that's really cool!
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I dont feel younger people get enough information on food and nutrition.

GREAT job!!
  • mbowman323
    mbowman323 Posts: 216
    Options
    the importance of water for your body :)
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    SO COOL!!!
  • Method2Madness
    Options
    Awesome...my wife and I love Jamie's Food Revolution (the cookbook is great), so it's neat to see this.
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Just read the article! Sounds SO FUN!! Can I join your class :wink: :laugh:
  • stephlayne
    stephlayne Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This is WONDERFUL! I wish I could get my high school students to be so passionate! They seem to just lose any and all interest in anything healthy after I am done teaching it for the day... Congrats for starting them young! That is the key!
  • HollyTsiaussis
    HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Awesome! :D
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Very exciting.
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    This is WONDERFUL! I wish I could get my high school students to be so passionate! They seem to just lose any and all interest in anything healthy after I am done teaching it for the day... Congrats for starting them young! That is the key!

The key word in your statement is "high school" unfortunately. I agree, we need to start younger, much younger as a total movement. I grew up in the generation where we had the fast food explosion! It was great, fun, but we had no idea what hit us, until now. I always say my generation (I am 40) is one of the most lucky and unlucky generations of all times.

When it comes to food and waste, we are unlucky. We can correct it. It was a great article and I shared with some of my teacher friends.
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    <3 Jamie Oliver! Why haven't I seen any more of his shows this season? I looked in my dvr and its not even on for the next week!
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    That is great! I love Jamie and how he is trying to educate people about what "real" food is.
  • gwen933
    gwen933 Posts: 81
    Options
    <3 Jamie Oliver! Why haven't I seen any more of his shows this season? I looked in my dvr and its not even on for the next week!

If you look up the show it says it has been pulled off the air.
  • yankeefamily05
    Options

If you look up the show it says it has been pulled off the air.

OMG, really:(:((:( I wonder why! I am so saddened by some peoples attitudes with him and his revolution! Why can't certain people see that he is trying to help and that this is a REAL problem in the U.S
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!