MFP worked last time but I fell off the wagon. Looking for friends for support

Options
LHDad
LHDad Posts: 16 Member
Hi, I'm a young 52. Why, you might ask? I have custody of two young girls that keep me going often. Sometimes I feel like a taxi and a credit card! LOL

I coach one of their soccer teams and am always on the go to their sporting events. Basketball, volleyball or soccer. I binge eat at night to try and escape the lonliness. I'm tired of feeling tired and not liking what I see in the mirror. Looking for friends to support me in 2015. I will do my best to be supportive back.

Why was I so large at age 14? I lived in a home from age 7 to 17 with a very abusive father. Listening to him beat my Mom and psychologically abuse me for those 10 yrs were torture. I ate to escape the pain and confusion of it all. At age 14 I was 275lbs with a 50" waist.

Odd and frightening fact about me and weightloss. At age eighteen I lost 110 lbs in 4 months! How? Someone at work introduced me to what they called "weight loss pills". Nice name for uppers/amphetamines. I took one and became addicted quickly. I went 275 to 165 nearly starving and killing myself. Once I went an entire week without any solid food while taking up to 20 pills a day. Wouldn't recommend doing that at any age. I'm sure it would kill me now. I quit the pills cold turkey after 4 months and was suicidal for about a week. I haven't touched one since. Sadly I've roller coastered when it came to my weight.

I'm 6'0 - 270 lbs.(40" waist) Sadly I'm at my highest weight since my teens.
I'm starting calorie counting and MFP tomorrow.
I could use some friends and all the support I can get.

Best of luck to all!

Replies

• carfanman
    carfanman Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me if you like, I also have an up24 activity tracker and could use some teammates on there too
  • hmparry
    hmparry Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I guess you have to start somewhere and today is as good a day as any. What's your goal for this week? Mine is to plan all my meals so there are no surprises. I'd also like to walk 10,000 steps every day for the next week. Hope these are manageable.My children are grown up but I remember being a single parent for a time and I recall the stress and the chaos! Good luck and well done getting started. Heather
  • gahofer
    gahofer Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Great way to start, important point is "healthy progress and not perfection" Having been around the block a few times, single parent for a time and just feeling overwhelmed at times. I am here and your friend. :) Oh ya I am 54
  • GmeB
    GmeB Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat in alot of ways.Used MFP before,great tool,plus am an absent for a couple years member of Planet Fitness.Been up and down my whole life,fat kid,teen,etc...Lost 100 pounds 3 different times,three different ways..Lost my parents,and my inlaws in a three year span,gave up,and ate like I was possessed.Up to 311 now,58 years old,and realize,these aches and pains I have really aging me,mind,body and soul.I want to feel alive again,and not get out of breath just tieing my shoes.Any tips,or suggestions would be welcome.I'm on my feet alot working as a server(almost 30 years at the same upscale,family steak and sea restaurant.LOVE my job,but really getting painful.Married 37 years,happy,2 daughters,and just want to feel the best I can.Going back to gym when I get a few pounds off,having a bout with Achilles Tendonitis.Started this MFP on Jan.2nd,so far,so good.Feel free to add me if you like.

• nayduch2001
    Options
    Hey ihdaddy,
    I am nothing like you, still being in my teens myself. But one thing you should know is that I, along with all the other MFP, are here to love and support you through it all. If the image you hold of yourself is that, then you need to change your perspective. If you want to, you should listen to Francesca Battisteli. She's a religious singer, but even if you don't listen to that stuff, she still sings songs that lift you up. And remember that us, God, and your two daughters love you unconditionally for your soul, and not your appearance, and you can turn to those three when the mirror breaks your heart.

Your assignment: Francesca Battisteli's "It's Love"