Breakfast Suggestions?

Options
Hello,
Anyone have any suggestions for breakfast? What can I eat on the go? In my lunchbox? I usually eat at my desk at work. No yogurt with fruit....any other ideas?
Thanks!
Tomorrow is Day 1
Jo

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Do you have a toaster at work? I keep english muffins and a container of cream cheese in the fridge at work and have cream cheese on muffins some mornings. Otherwise, I make individual fritattas in a muffin pan and take those, or have a sandwich.

I'm not a huge fan of 'breakfast food' - the idea that some foods are appropriate for breakfast and others aren't is an ideal purely perpetuated by the breakfast food companies. Once I realised that, my breakfast possibilities opened up immensly.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Cook more at dinner so you can bring in leftovers for lunch.
  • Ewok31
    Ewok31 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    oatmeal for breakfast
  • futuresw
    futuresw Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    English muffin with peanut butter, I actually had leftover veggie pizza today for breakfast.
  • adkjo1968
    adkjo1968 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you! You are right, why limit myself to "breakfast" foods in the morning? I do like English muffins and cream cheese or peanut butter. I actually love peanut butter but I know it's high in fat and calories. I need to think outside the box. Old habits die hard.
    Have a great week everyone.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Rather I am at home, in the car, or at the office, I eat the following: boiled egg whites, nuts (measured out) w/fruit, smoothies, protein bars, peanut butter & jelly sandwiches (Any sandwich will do.), vegetarian meat substitutes (You can try sausage, bacon, chicken, turkey, or fish.), quiche, oatmeal, cereal, etc.

Your options for breakfast are limitless. I just try to have a nice balance of protein, fiber, and fat to ensure I stay fuller longer.

Wishing you the best!
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I have a desk job, too. I eat cold stuff so I bring a lunch box with two blue ice packs to keep stuff cold.

One of my go-to snacks is yogurt with fruit, lol.

Also:
    Veggies+ hummus
    Veggies+ cheese stick
    Celery or Apple+ peanut butter
    Nuts+ dried fruit or cut fresh fruit
    Rice cakes+ deli meat/cheese
    Protein shakes or bars

For breakfast, I like to make things in bulk to eat all week.

Muffins or breads with nuts and fruit
    Steel cut oats with mix ins
    Eggs and ham baked in a muffin tin
    Cereal with fruit
    Protein coffee and a bagel with cream cheese

For lunch, same concept.

Salad in a jar. So many recipes on Pinterest! Chef, summer, taco, Greek... It's endless.
    Quinoa salad with chicken
    Bento boxes with a fruit, vegetable, "snack" and protein/carb combo. Tons on Pinterest, too.
    Soup and sandwich, or salad and sandwich, or salad and soup.

I tend to eat the same thing all week long and switch to something different the next week. A little boring, but I've gotten used to it. I do it to save some money. :)
  • savvyfantastic
    savvyfantastic Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Desk eater here also! I tend to make things and then warm up in the office. Current favourites:

Potato waffles.

Pumpkin pie oats. (Oats + pumpkin puree + banana + spices).

Carrot cake oats. (Oats + carrot + sultanas + walnuts + spices).

Sweet eggs (eggs scrambled with sweetener and peanut butter).

I also like having sausages, spinach, slow roasted tomatoes. A touch of weekend brunch at work lol.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Fill each cavity of a muffin tin with:
    3 tater tots or a couple spoonfuls of hash Browns or potatoes o'brien
    1 egg (whisked or not, up to you)
    Toppings such as cheese, peppers, bacon, ham, etc.
    Throw them in a 400 degree oven until the eggs are set (around 15 minutes)

• SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Mash an Avocado and mix with sliced tomatoes and feta cheese. Put on a wrap with baked or grilled chicken, or an egg.
  • ejcanavan
    ejcanavan Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge breakfast person but I buy the Advantedge low carb shakes and take one in the car. Good protein and I can drink it while I am headed in just like I would a cup of coffee.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Fruit is my breakfast or part of it every day, so I have to vote for that. Also Nature Valley Granola bars. They don't look like much, but they're very tasty and exceptionally filling.

I make "Fruit Slop" a lot. Bunch of different frozen berries and cherries, thawed, in a bowl, then smooshed up. Crumble in Apple Crisp granola bar, stir, eat. The granola soaks up the extra fruit juice. It looks a lot like leftover body parts after surgery, but it tastes like heaven. (I could come up with a better name, but if you saw it, you'd think it was a good name.)
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    For on the go breakfasts: Jamaican beef patty, salmon and light cream cheese on English muffin or toast ( not bagel, too many cals), Starbucks bacon & egg sandwich (fewer cals than the sausage obv), scrambled egg sandwich