Barriatric Surgery

Options
I had gastric bypass. I don't know how to find out my new daily goals for calories, protine and carbs. According to this I am not eating enough, I can only intake small a mounts of food. Can someone tell me how to do this. TIA Terri

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Your best bet is to speak to your doctor and your after-care team. They should be setting the calorie goals/protein/ect levels for you.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    I had gastric bypass. I don't know how to find out my new daily goals for calories, protine and carbs. According to this I am not eating enough, I can only intake small a mounts of food. Can someone tell me how to do this. TIA Terri

You should have a nutritionist as part of your health care team. They would be the best to ask.
  • mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    the ONLY people who can answer your question fully is your health care team, particularly your nutritionist or dietitian. don't take the advice on anyone here too seriously, because each bariatric team has its own guidelines.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    My guess is that you're seeing a doctor and/or dietician. Ask them! That's what they're there for! :)

If you aren't seeing a doctor, it's time to begin. :)
  • SleepingBeauty12345
    SleepingBeauty12345 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I too had bypass surgery.add me ! We can support each other.im allowed 800 caleries a day
  • peachy48161
    peachy48161 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Your calories will be lower because if you're early out you can only eat so many. MFP doesn't accommodate for that, the lowest they go is 1200. I'm 5 years out today, and I eat about 1200, I can definitely eat more depending on the food, but my goal is 1200.
  • We3gems
    We3gems Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Your calories will be lower because if you're early out you can only eat so many. MFP doesn't accommodate for that, the lowest they go is 1200. I'm 5 years out today, and I eat about 1200, I can definitely eat more depending on the food, but my goal is 1200.

I'm in a similar place. I'm 3 years out and have 1200 as a goal.
  • ClaireBray79
    ClaireBray79 Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hi all... I'm three weeks and 6 days away from my gastric bypass surgery. Full of mix emotions, excitement, terror etc. However, I've waiting so long for this and really can wait. But not looking forward to the liver shrinkage diet so much. lol
    I'm looking to add fellow bypassers to my friends, so please add me. :smile:
    36384789.png