Hi! Is anyone a teacher?

Options

Replies

• NJTeacher411
    NJTeacher411 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    5th Grade teacher here, 15th year of teaching. Need to lose at least 60 lbs. Good luck everyone and feel free to add me!
  • New_Me73
    Options
    French Immersion teacher currently teaching grade 1. Have been teaching for 14 years now. Need to lose 80 lbs and feel free to add me as well.
  • LDpop
    LDpop Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Also a teacher here! I teach little ones in Australia.
  • JMRod
    JMRod Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm a high school Spanish teacher and am in my 25th year. Today is my birthday and I turned 53. I feel so much healthier than 2 years ago when I started taking care of myself. I was down 52 pounds, but this last semester I lost focus with the stress of school.

I am the department lead and the district finally agreed to hire another teacher to help with our huge class loads. The problem was that they would only agree to hire a long term sub! It took 6 weeks to find someone who would agree to this and I had to make sure that those six classes had lessons and grades. Then, right before Thanksgiving, one of my teacher's was arrested for public lewdness (sex with an adult in a park!!) and resigned, Again, I was responsible for making sure his 4 classes had lessons and grades. Fortunately, I have a great team of teachers who stepped up to help with all of this mess.
    So, since September, I put on 10 pounds!

I restarted my regular exercise routine last week with Jillian Michaels' Body Revolution. I had already completed 30 Day Shred (twice) and Ripped in 30 (once) and had great results. I have a love/hate relationship with Jillian.

My goal is to FINALLY reach my goal weight this year. That means I have 15-20 pounds to go.

You can do this!!
  • jessica_johnson2011
    Options
    7th Grade Math Teacher - trying to lose baby weight. Feel free to add me! :)
  • onimo
    onimo Posts: 1
    Options
    Special Education teacher for 25 years...have been a Principal and am now in Central office as a lead for Inclusive Education. Have 25 pounds and a lot of stress to lose! :D
  • britnicole5
    britnicole5 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    2nd grade - taught pre-K to 5th :) have about 10-15 lbs at the moment. Feel free to add.
  • hhardgrave2015
    Options
    I teach 6th and 7th grade! Yes feel free to add me! I am excited to get started!!!
  • amariepooch
    amariepooch Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am yet to be a teacher. I'm actually 27 and in school to be a special education teacher.I am going to get my endorsement in language disorders and hope to eventually be an Itinerate teacher for the hearing impaired :) THEN if i really enjoy that I may go on to be a speech pathologist but thats way down the road. :)
  • pennypuffkin
    pennypuffkin Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I teach at a Reggio-inspired Montessori preschool. I'm currently working with infants, but I've worked with children infancy through 8th grade. I still need to go back to school to get my license for K-6, but I have no idea when / how that will happen. ;) Feel free to add me!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I teach at a Reggio-inspired Montessori preschool. I'm currently working with infants, but I've worked with children infancy through 8th grade. I still need to go back to school to get my license for K-6, but I have no idea when / how that will happen. ;) Feel free to add me!

Reggio Emilia is a pretty interesting approach. Do you enjoy it?
  • ljohnson216
    ljohnson216 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am a middle school guidance counselor. Does that count? If so, I am interested in connecting with teachers and other school-related careers.
  • Chemist1964
    Options
    Believe it or not I teach chemistry :)
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I home school my daughter (Does that count?) Wishing everyone much success :) Feel free to add me
  • shelley1179
    shelley1179 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    6/7 Resource room for special Ed. I just started tracking last week.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I'm an early childhood music teacher. Will go into the private or public middle schools someday, just not now :)
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Nearly finished a second degree which will allow me to teach English to secondary students in Australia. Taught ESL for 8 years as well as Portuguese at night classes at a Uni. Now have 2 subjects to go but am working at a university not teaching :( can't wait to graduate (again!) and get a school job. Started ignoring the scales as they have not changed pretty much since I started my program (which is basically weight lifting and diet plan). Body has started to change, but I think I can kiss my deluded 58kg goal goodbye because it just won't happen! So I'm concentrating more on body shape. Currently 67kg.
  • tigerfutbol
    Options
    I'm a gt teacher . Trying to lose 25+. Also training for a half marathon.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Band Director/General Music -- Mississippi. 20 year veteran teacher with 28 years in retirement. Have lost from 344-214. Back up around 240 +/- but do lift some so it is not as bad as the numbers appear. Yes, the stresses of legislative initiatives will drive you to do more than gain weight if you let it. Key is not to let it. Best wishes to you!
  • shfoster0721
    shfoster0721 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm a 6th grade social studies teacher. I can teach social studies, elementary school, and special Ed in the state of Kentucky. On an aside, I am down 130 pounds in a year. So much so that my current students didn't believe my before pic was me. I understand the stress involved and limited time you have. Feel free to add me for support and motivation but please send me a message as well.