10 lbs loss-did you notice a difference?

Options

Replies

• lavendah
    lavendah Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I weighed 171 lbs and I think I did notice a difference between 170 and 160,but not that much..It becomes more noticable when you get lighter,like someone has mentioned.I did notice a lot of difference between me @ 145 lbs and me @ 135.
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I haven't been doing weight training so i know I don't look as different as this gal...but for motivation I thought I would post this. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1237119/10-lb-loss-with-some-recompositioning-pics
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I really noticed the first 10lbs. Heck, after the first week or two, my bras didn't even fit. I was down almost 2 pants sizes at 12lb lost.
  • hippygirl325
    hippygirl325 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I've been on the keto diet for 12 (today makes 13) days and have lost probably about 10 lbs (from 275 to about 265) already and yes I definitely see a difference and notice a difference in how clothes fit too. Most of my extra fat gathers in my belly and it's definitely gone down in size and is less distended than when I started. It's a pretty small difference, but it's a difference!
  • hippygirl325
    hippygirl325 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Probably a lot of the reason most people don't notice until further in is because the first 10 is usually mostly water weight.
  • feralkitten1010
    feralkitten1010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I've been able to tell a difference in each ten pounds that I've lost. It's definitely more noticeable with each ten you hit. :)
  • sizesixorbust
    sizesixorbust Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    10 lbs in i could kind of feel it more than see it, especially putting my hands on my hips like i so often do.
  • krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    When I lost the first 10, I had taken pictures at the beginning before getting into it. :) By comparing the photos, I realized I'd lost some of my belly fat and back fat! Woo! Pictures are so helpful.
  • amunet07
    Options
    10 lbs in i could kind of feel it more than see it, especially putting my hands on my hips like i so often do.

me too :)

• amandamaynv
    amandamaynv Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    It took me 2 months to lose the first 10 pounds. I'm 5'1 and started at 163. There was definitely a noticeable difference. I have a picture but I don't know if it's gojng to post right!

fgmtpft8fqaq.jpg
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    For me it's been all over the place.

Examples:

307 I felt HORRIBLE and at 290 I felt pretty good, honestly, and I looked much better in clothes too. That 17 lb made a very big difference even when morbidly obese!

290 to 265 was just more of the same, but at around 250-260 I looked and felt much better.

After getting to 210, I have noticed a very big difference with every 10 lb loss. I see a big difference even from 172 lb to currently 168 lb. I would not have expected that, but I do. Clothes fit me very differently and I see marked changes in my body over the past several months (I am losing really slowly as I near maintenance).
  • chitchatcatt
    chitchatcatt Posts: 19 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I noticed a difference in my clothes, especially my jeans after 10 lbs., which took me from 196 to 186 (i'm 5'7"). People began to notice at 15 lbs, but at 20 lbs, I got more, "oh my god, you've lost so much weight! What are you doing?" My face looked less puffy at 10 lbs and at 15 lbs really started thinning out. When I lost the 20, I went back to Ann Taylor and found my favorite dress (a straight fit, I might add) that I'd bought earlier in the season in a 14 (which was now very baggy throughout the way, chest, and skirt..I looked like I was swimming in it) and got it on clearance in a size 12. It was a definite wow! I found that at 20 lbs, with a summer tan, people thought I'd lost much more weight than I actually had.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I have gained 15 lbs in the last 6 months .. and no difference. Does that help ? But in my journey .. I wish I would have taken regular pictures. It would have really helped in my present gaining phase I am now in. I did lose 4 inches off my abs in the first month with only 6 lbs lost.
  • amunet07
    Options
    anegus wrote: »
    It took me 2 months to lose the first 10 pounds. I'm 5'1 and started at 163. There was definitely a noticeable difference. I have a picture but I don't know if it's gojng to post right!

fgmtpft8fqaq.jpg
    nice job! You look great! Thanks for the pics
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I didn't take pics until I lost 25 pounds. But no one really noticed until I lost 20ish pounds.

I've stayed the same weight for 3 weeks but have lost inches. I am 5'6" 170 and I think I've shrunk out of all of my 14s now.

Keep going. You WILL see results.
  • amunet07
    Options
    I didn't take pics until I lost 25 pounds. But no one really noticed until I lost 20ish pounds.

I've stayed the same weight for 3 weeks but have lost inches. I am 5'6" 170 and I think I've shrunk out of all of my 14s now.

Keep going. You WILL see results.
    thanks

• Forest91
    Forest91 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I have lost 12lbs but so far I have not seen any difference but I started at 192lbs and at the moment I am 180lbs and I have 80lbs left to go.
  • 40andFindingFitness
    40andFindingFitness Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I didn't notice until 20lbs were lost. I felt excited about the loss and more motivated to continue. Others didn't notice until after the 30lb mark or at least they didn't say anything if they noticed before hand.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Probably a lot of the reason most people don't notice until further in is because the first 10 is usually mostly water weight.
    have to be
    water i was 145 -10 lbs got to 135 did'nt notice much of a difference it was'nt until i hit -17 lb loss at 129lb where i saw a bit of a change

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    10 Lbs was not all that noticeable on me going from 220 - 200...the only noticeable difference I could tell was that my collars on my shirts didn't feel as tight and my rings, etc were loser.

My next 10 Lbs from 200 - 190 were very noticeable as I lost a ton of weight in my face and started in on my gut...190 - 180 was night and day.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!