On the go HEALTHY lunch ideas?

Options
I eat 1400 calories a day, I am 5''5 and weigh 126lbs.
For lunch I eat a sandwich with a piece of fruit made at home but I want to eat something that's easy to pick up and eat without carbs (or low in carbs)... any ideas?
I can't eat salad as it's too ''difficult'' to eat or soup although they're my favourite lunches, haha. Thank you in advance!

Replies

• Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Why is a salad too difficult? I usually take a salad with the dressing separate in my bag with a ice pack. It stays cool and crisp.

You could try bento box style- so basically just a bunch of finger foods ie" meat and cheese roll-up, fruit, etc.
  • amandachantel
    Options
    For me salad's are often too difficult as a typical lunch for me is driving or having to be somewhere, hence "on the go". Salsas a and souls are too difficult to eat on the run
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in replies. I usually have a sandwich/bagel in the car on the way to the gym or the beach for a walk. I think a box of salad would be too awkward to eat in the car so would love some other ideas.
  • Foodiethinking
    Foodiethinking Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    How about a wrap, burrito style? Wholegrain wraps are high in carbs but have a additional nutrition benefits. Keep the foil wrapped tightly, probably safe if you guys are driving and cram chicken salad in there. Voila! :-)
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Low carb wraps filled with lean deli meat and chopped lettuce, or tuna salad made with low cal mayo. Super easy to make and easy to eat 'on the go'.
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Are there special low carb wraps available? The only ones I have seen in my supermarket are similar calories to a bagel.
  • chitchatcatt
    chitchatcatt Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I know it is fast food, but how about some grilled chick fil a nuggets with some buffalo sauce and a diet lemonade? The grilled nuggets are tasty, a 12ct weighs in at only 200 calories and a medium diet lemonade at 20. The buffalo sauce is minimal. They come in a bowl. I dump the buffalo sauce on them and eat with a fork. You could dip them if you prefer. You could also buy thicker sliced ham than sandwich meat, like a spiral ham and cut it in strips, buy some cheese cubes, and pack some veggie sticks, like carrots or celery. Just eat it out of a Tupperware with your fingers, like reaching into a bag of chips. Lol. As long as you're willing to travel with a small cooler, it shouldn't be too much of a problem to pack some precut foods, yogurt cups, etc.
  • Chelliott86
    Chelliott86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you're concerned about the travel, I would say to look up mason jar meal prep. I take salads with me via mason jars (there are websites that explain the prep and layering) and am able to eat it once I get stopped somewhere in my car. You flip the mason jar with the contents in it to mix it and its ready to eat! And they also make thermos containers that keep your soup hot and you can just drink it, like a regular drink, from the container. No mess, no spoon needed. :) Hope this helps!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    left overs.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Lettuce roll-ups with cheese and meat
    String cheese/baby bells
    Hard boiled eggs
    Meat on a stick
  • MILFaspirations
    MILFaspirations Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    u can take some raw veggies, like broccoli/carrots/cucumbers. sprinkle with cumin and lemon juice. and i always make ahead, chicken nuggets w/o breading but marinaded.. i like tandoori style chicken marinade. and eat that with the veggies.. on the go. easy. indian style.
  • KTRXS
    KTRXS Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Are there special low carb wraps available? The only ones I have seen in my supermarket are similar calories to a bagel.
    There is a brand call Flat-out and they are around 100 cal a wrap, come in different flavors and are yummy!
  • KTRXS
    KTRXS Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    And they also make thermos containers that keep your soup hot and you can just drink it, like a regular drink, from the container. No mess, no spoon needed. :) Hope this helps!
    I do this as well. :)