40's, 100+ to Lose, Looking for supporters/friends

Options
Hi! I'm a 47 yr old Mom/Grandma getting ready to live through the empty nest syndrome. My youngest is a Sr this year and will be going to college in the fall. Somewhere along the way I lost myself and yet now there is so much more of me. I am struggling with my children all being grown, as they have been my world for the past 25 years.
Now that I have some time for me...I'm ready to get fit and healthy. Although I am grossly overweight (I want to lose 140lbs) I have still remained fairly active. I love to go cross country hiking, and my Hubby and I took up mountain climbing last year, although it takes us much longer to make the climb. I'm looking forward to shedding some of this me and becoming a more "fit" Grandma so I can be around to enjoy time with my 2 yr old Grandson!
I started a group called L.O.S.T. (Losing One Step at a Time) and it is an open group....just looking for motivational supporters/friends. Please feel free to add me as friend and/or join the L.O.S.T. group....looking forward to this new chapter but know I need support to succeed!!!

Replies

• neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You're on the right path regarding doing physical activities you and your significant other enjoy. Definitely utilize the food database as it definitely helps as well. It is definitely possible to lose the weight.
  • Cielazul
    Cielazul Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hey, I started MFP at age 47 (just turned 48) 299 days ago also hoping to lose 140 pounds! It seemed like an unattainable goal at the time, but I am more than halfway there. I am down 80 pounds so far. Best of luck to you! I don't do the friend thing, because I would spend way too much time on here if I did (I have no restraint when it comes to social networking sites) but I wish you nothing but success!! MFP has taught me tons and has been essential for my process.
  • makingmylifebetter
    makingmylifebetter Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Sent you a request. : )
  • FindingCindy721
    FindingCindy721 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Neveragain84~Thanks for the words of encouragement....they mean a lot when just starting out! :)

Zillie77~ Thanks so much for the words of encouragement! If you ever need the added support please feel free to look me up! I'm in the L.O.S.T. group!

Makingmylifebetter~ Thanks for the friend request...I accepted! Looking forward to becoming support buddies/friends!
  • joojoogajoo
    Options
    Hey - I am 43 and have 175 lbs to lose. I need friends and support! I am very committed, but don't have a lot of support in my everyday life!
  • gingerlaurie
    gingerlaurie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I have about the same amount to lose as you do, FindingCindy721. I'm 47, and recently am also in the empty nest phase as my youngest girl (18) moved out just a couple of months ago. I'm a single woman with some limitations, but am tackling MFP with a vengeance! Also have realized it's time to find out who I am. I am going to add you, if that's ok! :)
  • msrachelplussize
    msrachelplussize Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 43yrs old (well as of March 12th) and a returning participate of MFP. I rejoined looking for motivation and accountability while supporting others on their journey.
  • cincisk8r
    cincisk8r Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I just turned 41 and have recently lost 115 lbs. Feel free to add me, I love making friends :smile:
  • vilmaes
    vilmaes Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this will help, but I'm in my mid 50s and lost 115 lbs. so far after a lifetime in obesity (I still have another 30 to go). People say I've inspired them and urged me to start a blog, which I did. I posted it here on MFP in other sections, but if you're interested, here it is again. Maybe something I learned along the way can help you, too: blossomingvilma.blogspot.com No matter what path you take, good luck to you!