feeling a bit useless..

Options
coleyiscute
coleyiscute Posts: 2 Member
edited January 2015 in Motivation and Support
i just needed a place to let this out....
i'm just feeling completely useless, i'm finding it so difficult to loose weight...
ive only only lost around 5kgs in 6 months and have been sitting at my current weight for a really long time, i just need to loose 5 more, but it doesn't seem to go away... :/
i've tried so many different exercise routines, and keeped my calories under control, ive zig zagged my calories, ate healthy foods, why is this not working..... :(
sigh, maybe i'm not suppose to be a thin person,
i just want to climb into a ball and cry :'(
i should probably stop feeling sorry for myself but its just been getting me down recently..

but can anyone relate to this?

Replies

• Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Hey there,
    5KG is a great loss and it's half way to your goal, you're far from useless!

Take all that will to do well that you obviously have in you and turn it into action. I know for a fact that if you give this 100%, you can reach that goal!

You got this!!!!

All the best,
    Adam
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    First off... *hugs*

Perhaps you need to shift your goal, for a time, to be something other than weight focused.

In other words, don't focus so much on the scale... But rather on your strength and /or fitness levels.

Of all the exercises you've tried... What did you enjoy most? How can you work to improve in that area?

I. E. Running... Can you increase distance? How about speed?
    Or
    Lifting weight... More reps? Heavier weight.

Celebrate those successes... Be pleased about getting healthier!

As for weight... Set your deficit to something mild... And then just log everything. Weigh. Measure. And log honestly. (snacking KILLS my calories!)

Do a bunch of little things... And celebrate THOSE small gains.

Each mile travelled is a series of steps.
  • loribethrice
    loribethrice Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 5kg you have lost! That is a success.

Have you brought this up with your doctor? You may have something medically going on like PCOS or hypothyroid that is keeping you from achieving your goal.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    MireyGal76 wrote: »
    First off... *hugs*

Perhaps you need to shift your goal, for a time, to be something other than weight focused.

In other words, don't focus so much on the scale... But rather on your strength and /or fitness levels.

Of all the exercises you've tried... What did you enjoy most? How can you work to improve in that area?

I. E. Running... Can you increase distance? How about speed?
    Or
    Lifting weight... More reps? Heavier weight.

Celebrate those successes... Be pleased about getting healthier!

As for weight... Set your deficit to something mild... And then just log everything. Weigh. Measure. And log honestly. (snacking KILLS my calories!)

Do a bunch of little things... And celebrate THOSE small gains.

Each mile traveled is a series of steps.

^^^This + Please make sure you are not trying to become too thin. From your photo, you look like you are at a pretty healthy weight now. You may POSSIBLY have a toning issue which will be helped simply by lifting weights. This will provide you with a healthy look although it may not be reflected on the scale. Best wishes....
  • watto1980
    watto1980 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    It's also possible to lower BF% without seeing much of a weight loss. Sometimes focusing on weight loss only isn't the best way to measure success. Like others have said, set other goals that interest you relating to exercise and fitness.

And if that is you in your profile pic I don't think you have to worry about never being a thin person, you look pretty thin and toned to me!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    i just needed a place to let this out....
    i'm just feeling completely useless, i'm finding it so difficult to loose weight...
    ive only only lost around 5kgs in 6 months and have been sitting at my current weight for a really long time, i just need to loose 5 more, but it doesn't seem to go away... :/
    i've tried so many different exercise routines, and keeped my calories under control, ive zig zagged my calories, ate healthy foods, why is this not working..... :(
    sigh, maybe i'm not suppose to be a thin person,
    i just want to climb into a ball and cry :'(
    i should probably stop feeling sorry for myself but its just been getting me down recently..

but can anyone relate to this?

So how tall are you?

For all those people offering the OP advice arent you concerned she looks very thin already and that depending on how tall she is then you could be dealing with someone who wants to be underweight with a target of 45kg?

Unrealistic and unhealthy expectations are common for 18 year olds posting on here.
  • itsMcKay
    itsMcKay Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    You look very thin in your profile pic. What makes you think you still need to lose weight?
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I don't know how much 5kg is, vut if that's your current picture, you look pretty good. Maybe your goal is not realistic. And you might want to concentrate on toning as the post above suggests. That will help build and define your muscles and make you healthier, which might be a better goal than weight loss at this point.
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Your goal weight is 45 kg?
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Remember... As you strengthen your muscles, your weight may not change... But over all your body shape can. .

Case in point... I dropped only 15 lbs from start to maintenance... But that corresponded to almost 6 dress sizes.

The strength and shape that came from focusing on fitness related goals way outweighed any scale goals I could have ever set.

And I agree... You do not look like you need to lose much weight,so if it is squishy bits you don't like... Add in resistance training.
  • coleyiscute
    coleyiscute Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for all of your support, this has made me feel a lot better,
    it is honestly really nice that there is people out there willing to give you advice and cheer you up :)
    as for the height thing, im only 5"2 with quite a small frame, i just don't feel very attractive and yes there are lots of jiggly bits and i and some excess on my tummy.. :(
    though from reading these messages, i should probably stop focusing on calories and weight and just focus on toning
  • alisupercali
    alisupercali Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi coleyiscute, I'm 5'2 as well and i can relate to the frustration of being that height - there aren't a lot of our people modelling in fitness or fashion magazines so we get a distorted idea of what our proportions should be! Like a lot of people have pointed out, weight is not the most important factor when it comes to your health or your appearance, but 45kg does seem to be a very low goal weight - I'm aiming for 60kg, and different body compositions/bone density notwithstanding, I think you're targeting a weight which could potentially do you some serious damage, especially at such a young age. Have a look at your energy levels to give you an idea of what your body needs and is trying tell you. Don't *just* focus on toning, keep up with the cardio as well - your heart, lungs and bones will thank you for it - but eat to keep up with what you're doing exercise-wise. (If you really think 45kg is a reasonable goal weight, talk to a doctor to get confirmation, just to be on the safe side.)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    you get out of life what you put into it.

if your life is centered around loss, you cant expect to gain much.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for all of your support, this has made me feel a lot better,
    it is honestly really nice that there is people out there willing to give you advice and cheer you up :)
    as for the height thing, im only 5"2 with quite a small frame, i just don't feel very attractive and yes there are lots of jiggly bits and i and some excess on my tummy.. :(
    though from reading these messages, i should probably stop focusing on calories and weight and just focus on toning

You are on the wrong track.
    1. You need to look at self esteem and building up self confidence.
    2. You are at a healthy weight now and are aiming for an unhealthy weight, which is why you are finding it difficult to lose further.

1. The correct track would be to get some assistance with building your self esteem.
    2. You can work on toning your body by lifting weights, which is healthier and will give you more visble effect on body shape.