Christmas Weight Gain

Options
Just a quickie to see if people re-calculate their calorie intake when they have put on some Christmas/special occasion pud?

Not sure if to stick to the same calories or re-calculate, which would be a higher intake for now.

Thank you x

Replies

• stevew_68
    stevew_68 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I didnt change anything. I just had a normal family christmas but made sure I logged every single thing.
  • TLB86
    TLB86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Well I've put on because I was naughty so now wonder if to re-calculate in order to lose it or just use the old calorie deficit I was on. I suppose either way I'll lose it?!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    If you have put on that much that it makes a significant difference then feel free to recalculate so it reflect your new weight. It cant be that much of a difference, but it would be more accurate.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    How much did you gain? It really shouldn't be that huge a difference, I'd just stay at the level you were.
  • seattlecynthia
    Options
    I'd probably keep it the same.
  • TLB86
    Options
    I've not weighed myself but I usual put on around 7lb this time of year. I ate a little better than usual so maybe 5/6lbs? I am at 1560 calories to lose .75kg but I can re-calculate my new (rough) weight at 1760 calories

I know I shouldn't stress because I no I will lose it by Feb as I am back at the gym now too and on the good foods.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I personally ended up at the same weight after Christmas that I was before. If you do gain, it probably isn't more than a pound or two, so at worst, you've set yourself back by a week or two. Unless you're trying to reach a goal by a specific date, there's no reason to change anything.
  • TLB86
    Options
    Thanks guys! I think I'll stay the same then, might even lose a little quicker if I am much heavier. Gym & weights sesh tonight