High Protien Meals

Options
emmap123b
emmap123b Posts: 17
im struggling to think of things to make im fine planning breakfast and luch but when it comes to dinner i run out of ideas

Replies

• zacherybinx
    zacherybinx Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    There are probably the most options available for dinner IMO. Think of everything that can be made using Chicken or Turkey or Fish.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    There are probably the most options available for dinner IMO. Think of everything that can be made using Chicken or Turkey or Fish.

This. Not to mention pork chops, lean beef. Even beans or tofu.
  • achapman01
    achapman01 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I suggest you check out marksdailyapple.com for lots of healthy, high protein recipes. I just made taco salad with chicken, black beans, lettuce, cheese and salsa. If you can spare the calories, add a few tortilla chips. Lean meats with some steamed veggies (think roast beef and broccoli) are good choices too. Skip potatoes, bread and other starchy carbs when you can. Turkey chili with lots of beans and ground turkey is also yummy. Hope that helps, and keep up the good work! :)
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    roasted chicken breast without the skin and a sweet potato and broccoli

grilled chicken breast in a salad with sun dried tomatoes, low sodium canned corn and 1.5 tbsp of vinagrette

sauteed light firm tofu with steamed veggies

6 oz baked salmon fillet with brown rice and steamed spinach

3 oz of a grilled or broiled lean red meat, such as london broil and a sweet potato and some other steamed vegetable
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    eggs, nuts, beans, oatmeal, chicken, turkey, fish,

brown rice and beans
    grilled chicken and fruit salad
    salad with strawberries and walnuts
    turkey burger
    steak and veggie shish kabobs
    veggie omelet
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    What about eggs? As the commercial says, they're not just for breakfast. I know I could eat a nice cheese and mushroom omelette any time of day!
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    my fav is diced chicken and brocolli stirred into extra light cream cheese to make a little sauce
    both chicken and brocolli are high in protein :o)
  • ad_deutsch
    ad_deutsch Posts: 5
    Options
    Try replacing grains and pastas with Quinoa. Its got a lot of bang for the buck with protein.
  • emmap123b
    emmap123b Posts: 17
    Options
    thanks guys im trying to tone up so trying to keep the carbs low and before a certin time in the day x
  • rea1980
    rea1980 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Use grains like quinoa or amaranth in place of rice. They are very high in proteins, when compared to other grains and both provide good essential amino acids. If someone is a vegetarian, these are grains that should be used all the time, because of their protien and amino acid content.