Fitbit Aria

Options
Sorry if this isn't the place to post this. But I just got a Fitbit Aria for Christmas. I'm a bit obsessed with weighing myself since i started losing weight 3 years ago. So my question is, is there a way I can just have the Aria sync to myfitness pal once a week? Otherwise it shows my fluctuation on my news feed daily (or sometimes more). Or is there a way to just weigh myself on the aria so it doesn't recognize who I am? Thanks!

Replies

• Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hey there,
    The fitbit aria is brilliant isn't it! Try to remember to use it as you would any other weighing method though, sometimes if you weigh too often we can be de-motivated slightly by not seeing the losses or by seeing gains (that can very easily be day to day water weight gains).
    That being said, if you enjoy and find that weighing daily help to motivate you, then by all means you should do it!

You can sync the fitbit app up to MyFitnessPal ( This page confirms that it is possible) then depending on your sync settings it should automatically sync across for you!
    (sorry just re-read your question. Really don't think that you can choose which weigh ins to sync.. Maybe make a new profile on the fitbit for the ones you don't want to sync?)

Hopefully this help article should help you further with connecting.

All the very best to you!

Adam
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    twinmom430 wrote: »
    I just got a Fitbit Aria for Christmas. I'm a bit obsessed with weighing myself since i started losing weight 3 years ago. So my question is, is there a way I can just have the Aria sync to myfitness pal once a week? Otherwise it shows my fluctuation on my news feed daily (or sometimes more). Or is there a way to just weigh myself on the aria so it doesn't recognize who I am?

No. You can go into your Fitbit account and manually delete weigh-ins, but posting to your MFP newsfeed is an all-or-nothing thing. Turn it off at
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/news_feed_settings
  • twinmom430
    twinmom430 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    thanks for the replies, I didn't think I could pick or chose which weigh ins are logged on my timeline, but I thought I'd try
  • SallyJones1985
    SallyJones1985 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and also don't want it posting everyday so I use my old scales for the days I don't log
  • twinmom430
    twinmom430 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and also don't want it posting everyday so I use my old scales for the days I don't log

good idea!!!
  • SallyJones1985
    SallyJones1985 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    twinmom430 wrote: »

good idea!!!

But before you do, weigh yourself on both as there's a 2lb difference between my aria and old scales so it's a good idea to make yourself aware of any differences beforehand to avoid disappointment
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    No two scales are ever calibrated the same. Ditch your old scale, and change your preferences so your daily Aria weight doesn't post to your feed.