42 and ready for change

Options
I'm 42 and my last child graduates this year. Its time for some me time. I have been up and down the weight scale so many times, looking for encouragement to make it a forever life choice.

Replies

• vleebow
    vleebow Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi anylynn0928. I'm 46 and am hoping to make this my fittest year! Feel free to add me and I'd be happy to offer you encouragement!
  • Busymomshantell
    Busymomshantell Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am a 41 year old mom of 3 ages 21, 15 and 5. Been on a roller coaster and have fallen off the tracks a few times the last few years. Looking to make 2015 a permanent lifestyle change as well.
  • kamejia72
    kamejia72 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 42 (for 1 more month!). I live in MA. I've been married for 23 years and I'm a mom of 2, ages 21 & 20. My 20 y/o daughter is getting married in October and I want to not only look good for the wedding, but be healthy too!
  • anylynn0928
    Options
    I'm 42, I live in Michigan. My daughter is 20 and my son will be 18 in just a few days. I have be with my husband for 19 years. And I want to look good for my sons graduation and be healthy
  • Trerika
    Trerika Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi I am a 45 year old mom with 2 children age 20 and 12 and looking to get back in shape. Please feel free to send me a friend request.
  • ajmizzou
    ajmizzou Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 with a 5 & 10 year old at home (and a pretty great husband). The weight has creeped on over the years, and it has to stop. I can't blame pregnancy, as my beautiful daughters are from China. So I have no excuse! I'm hoping that this year I can make it back to a healthy weight. I'd love to have more friends on my journey back to the 'real me'. I travel a lot for work, and have a LOT of client lunches/dinners, so I've got to learn how to tackle those meals! Any help is appreciated. :)
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Taking time to yourself is important. I am 47 from Ontario, Canada with 2 kids who keep me really busy. Feel free to add me if you, or anyone else wish.
  • Newnameishardtofind
    Newnameishardtofind Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    46 and mfp work. Good luck with your goals
  • Rich71bat
    Rich71bat Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 43 with 3 kids and login daily on MFP. Anyone can feel free to add me.
  • anylynn0928
    Options
    I'm new to this how do I add some one
  • mobaypop
    Options
    Click on their user name. You are then given the option to add them as a friend.
  • inekestorms
    inekestorms Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just turned 40 stay at home with a almost 2 year old. Living Washington for a year and moving back to Alaska in a couple months. Always start mfp but always slowly drop after awhile, have a hard time motivating myself. Been logging food for a few months but need to get active now.
  • Matt_C_195
    Matt_C_195 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and have had my best years of health and fitness in my 40's, you have a lot to look forward to!
  • sbarnes44
    Options
    Hi, I'm 46, 3 grown kids and ready to finally focus on my own health and fitness. Tried MFP awhile back but really hard to keep up the tracking. Going for it again.
  • Cthulhu_Cult
    Options
    43 here with spouse, 1 child, and a German Shepherd on crack. Family plus school, hobbies, and career with odd hours and some travel has really made staying fit a challenge for me.

I'm here to glean knowledge and encouragement as well, but willing to offer any that I might provide in return.

Understanding that it's time to focus on yourself and knowing it's ok (and occasionally necessary) to be selfish in regards to your health is a huge step.

Matt_C is correct - Despite the aches and pains, I've been enjoying and appreciating the successes in my 40s - perhaps more so than I would have in my 20s or 30s.
    -
    You have some great victories ahead.