Keto?

Options
Hello,

I have been eating low carb for a bit. As of right now, I seem to be plugging in at around 120g (sometimes less) a day out of a 2,000 calorie diet (I workout pretty hard right). However, I was thinking of lowering my carb intake even further and trying keto. Who has done it? What are your thoughts? Thank you! :)

Replies

• Zhost
    Zhost Posts: 97
    Options
    Been doing for a year, blood work has improved. Energy levels are up. No complaints other than I can't eat twinkies in moderation. Losing weight on keto was easier for me at least.

Check out www.reddit.com/r/keto or the keto groups on here for more info.

This is all n=1, of course.
  • ourtruelovewillneverdie
    Options
    I've done it. I lost weight on it, and I kept it off until I got pregnant with my third, even after reintroducing carbs. I couldn't sustain low carb for the rest of my life, but I do think it works for some people. If I were going to do it again I would only do it for short term to drop water weight for an event. Try it and see if it works for you. If it doesn't go back to what was working for you before.
  • smeixo
    smeixo Posts: 7
    Options
    Thank you so much for the info @Zhost‌ !
  • miketoryan
    miketoryan Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 lbs in 5 months on keto, hit my target weight, broke my foot in a drunken stupor, ended up eating crap again while my foot was broken, ended up gaining all the weight back because i was eating essentially junk food again.

it really works. my only issues were having sugar cravings at around day 5 or 6 of the keto diet. there are foods you can eat that will assuage your hunger cravings (like eating spinach, nuts, and salmon helps with a lot of them. look it up on google, there is a list of foods that go with certain micronutrients that can cause cravings).

also check out reddit.com/r/keto and there are lots of helpful people there. they also post research and results if you need something to read or need inspiration. there are people who have lost hundreds of pounds from doing keto when they couldn't seem to get any other diet to work.
  • smeixo
    smeixo Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks so much for the info @miketoryan‌ ! I'm sorry to hear about your foot! :( Hope all is better now!

Did you carb cycle at all when you were on keto?