Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

maintain

People think maintaining is EZ. Prob because they never tried it

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Well, I ended up maintaining for a while when trying to gain, so, ok;)
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    When you're at a deficit and mess up, you overeat and get to maintenance. When you're at maintenance and screw up, you gain weight.

Truth.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Maintenance for "me" is not really hard it's simple math from my experience , i think the problem with maintaining >aside from me< i think when people in general loose weight and get to their goal they go on about eating way too much thinking their fine and wont gain weight but it does'nt work like that (people get too comfortable)
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I agree that adjusting to maintenance is "mentally" harder than losing. It is amazing how long I could stay EXACTLY the same weight when I was losing on the dreaded plateau's, but since I have been on maintenance the scale wavers daily - even though I weigh in at the same time each and every morning. I am recording my weight daily in 2015 just because... I am now happy with 3 pounds up or down from goal, but lately the swings are less than a pound. I am going into year 4 of my new healthy lifestyle, with the goal of obtaining even more energy and strength. My latest challenge is wearing a lumo lift and getting to 8 hours of good posture a day.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    I've been maintaining for two years and find it a whole lot easier and more enjoyable than losing weight!
    If you are finding maintenance really hard then you need to discover why and fix that or it won't be sustainable and enjoyable.

Maybe you are too strict with your weight expectations.
    Maybe your lifestyle doesn't support your desired food intake.
    Maybe you haven't found the eating pattern that makes your food intake easy to manage.

• Robbnva
    Robbnva Posts: 590 Member
    Im not at maintenance yet, and I know it'll be hard but if you mess.up 1 day, its not going to be a permanent weight gain. You have to really hog out to gain permanent weight. Always try to.stay under your calorie goal IMO.
  • Thank you so much for ur feedback