1310 calories a day?

Options
Is this too little to be eating? I am a 5 ft 4 female, I just want to know someone's opinion on this calorie goal? Will I lose weight?

Replies

• jwilliamson1985
    jwilliamson1985 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    im 5'8 and going for 1500 a day so i cant see it being an issue
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    How much do you weigh, what is your goal weight, what is your activity level, will you be using the MFP NEAT method to eat back your exercise calories?
  • kpkitten
    kpkitten Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    It depends on more than just your height - your age, current weight and activity level will have a big impact. For me, at 5 ft 2, 1310 calories is too big a deficit, because I'm very overweight, quite young and quite active.

If you use the MFP guided settings and aim for 1lb loss a week (if you have fewer than 10lb to lose then maybe less), whatever it tells you should be sufficient. Just make sure you are on the right activity level - if you are on your feet a lot, or doing regular workouts, either log the activity separately and eat more those days, or raise your activity level.
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" also, for the past year I ate 1200 to 1250 calories a day (religiously!) I lost 60lbs and holding. I am not very active so I can't eat as many calories as those of you who are young and very active.
    I found that slow and steady was the only way to lose this weight. I gave myself a year and it took almost the whole year to lose it all. You have to be patient and understand this is for a lifetime not just a quick fix and then back to your old habits.
    I've never felt better about myself and wish I had found MFP 50 years ago!
    Best of Luck - you can do this if you want it bad enough
  • VryIrishGirl76
    VryIrishGirl76 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    no
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    On MFP that would be 1310 plus anything you burn from exercise. So if you burn 400 cals in an hour of exercise you then get to eat 1710 that day
  • tonyjg01
    tonyjg01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there.
    If you are looking to lose weight then 1300 cals would towards the lower end of what you should be eating and yes, you would lose weight. The average female calorie intake should be between 1800-2000 cals/day to maintain a healthy metabolism/weight. This doesn't take into account any exercise you may do, so as 1lb of weight loss = approx 3500 cals you can see that you are about 500 cals under the daily average or 3500 cals per/week or 1lb per week (or more if you exercise). I need a drink after that! Good luck.

Tony
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Unless you're losing more than 1% of your body weight week after week, it's fine.
  • Alwayssohungry
    Alwayssohungry Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    That's what I'm doing - 5'5", currently 150. If I want to eat more I move more. Trust me that is incentive enough for me to go for a walk or run. 10,000 steps a day on my FitBit gets me a nice healthy dessert or snack.
  • frankizoy
    frankizoy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    It's not too low but I used to have the same calorie goal and I had trouble staying under it. I decided to change my weight loss goal to one pound a week and it gave me a goal of 1700 calories a day, I find this a lot easier to follow. If you can do 1310 calories a day go for it! If you find yourself having trouble sticking with it I'd recommend going for a different calorie goal and then work your way down. I still have trouble sticking with it, but that's because I have trouble keeping myself motivated to actually lose weight rather than because my calorie goal is too low.