Checking calories

How do you check calories for something without it adding it to your food tracking?
Thanks Donna

Replies

• Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    You can hit add food, search for the food, check the database entries, then just back out instead of actually hitting the log button.
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    For some reason only my phone app lets me look at the calories before I enter it. If I'm on the computer I don't know how many calories something is under after I enter it. To get around this I guess you could just look it up in a different place online. Sometimes I enter it, think about it or maybe cut the portion in half and then delete it and re-enter it with the smaller portion or something.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Next to the tab FOOD DIARY is the tab that says DATABASE. That's where you type whatever you're looking for and it will tell you the calories without it adding anything to your diary.
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    When you click on a food, it brings up a little synopsis to the right of the food list:

Nabisco - Ritz Crackers - Original
    (member submitted, 13 confirmations)
    nutritional info <~~~~~~click here
    How much?
    servings of
    To which meal?

That's all there is to it! If it doesn't fit your needs, just X out of it instead of clicking the add option.
  • Thanks everyone. this is all new for me. but i lost 4 lbs in less then a week! Really works.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    edited January 2015
    For some reason only my phone app lets me look at the calories before I enter it. If I'm on the computer I don't know how many calories something is under after I enter it. To get around this I guess you could just look it up in a different place online. Sometimes I enter it, think about it or maybe cut the portion in half and then delete it and re-enter it with the smaller portion or something.

4s98p59dwtbx.png

• Thanks, found the database. Nice to know