New Year, New Me!

Options
I'm setting out to lose 50-60 pounds this year. I'm not going to "diet," I just need to learn how to eat correct portion sizes and healthier foods. I think the toughest part for me will be deliberately carving out the time to exercise so I don't huff and puff anytime I have to climb a flight of stairs.

I'd love to connect with others for support!!

Replies

• daphne626
    daphne626 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have restarted fitness pal after putting on 28 lb in last 6 months. It is an amazing app, calories found for many items and cos you have to log everything you eat, you don't cheat. Just be honest. My new job, helped on by unwinding with alcohol is my recent problem but I'm back on track now. Since 1st Jan, no cheats, 3 meals a day and no alcohol at all. This will be the year, I finally reach my goal. So good luck, eat 3meals a day and if you want an occasional treat, add it to your diary and go for a walk to use up the calories. I was told by a hospital consultant that if you find half an hour a day to have a brisk walk, you will notice your change in body shape in 1 month. Give it a go and best of luck:-)
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Looks like you are on the right path! Best advice I can give is to make this a lifestyle change, filled with long term sustainable practices, that is by far the best way to get the weight off, and more importantly, keep it off!

Best of luck and lean on the MFP when you need support!