healthy dinners?

Options
Need some simple healthy recipes ideas please??

Replies

• miketoryan
    miketoryan Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/9336/alaska-salmon-bake-with-pecan-crunch-coating/

This looks good. Is probably use less honey and fewer bread crumbs in favor of more pecans and more mustard. Also have broccoli or asparagus as a side.
  • Lalalindaloo
    Lalalindaloo Posts: 204 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    <<<<<
    Pinterest Addict. Here's a selection. favorites? The one pan salmon/tomatoes/greenbeans, and the Italian chicken bake. Made the chicken last night. Yummmm. Most of these are pretty simple.

http://www.pinterest.com/lalalindaloo/clean-eating/

• Fizzigig
    Fizzigig Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com has lots of great recipes. I just bought the Skinnytaste book and have been very happy with the selection of family meals. I'm not a great cook and even I can pull them off!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Depends on your calorie counts

I like butternut squash risotto and salad
    Rice, Mediterranean vegetable stew and cheese
    Minestrone soup
    Chicken noodle bun cha
    Chicken or cod stir fry
  • cristinaarenare
    Options
    Try onion And pumpkin soup! I love this soup
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Healthy is relative to personal goals and macro targets.
  • katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    I believe that most recipies made from scratch are going to be pretty healthy as long as they are eaten in moderate portions. With that said, I like Cooking Light and The Biggest Loser cook books and routinely use Food Network's recipies.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    "healthy" is pretty subjective. I tend to primarily cook from scratch using whole ingredients...to me, that's pretty "healthy".

If you are simply referring to "low calorie" recipes, there are numerous websites out there. Eatingwell.com was always a favorite of mine. Just keep in mind that calories are just a unit of energy...they don't really have anything to do with whether something is "healthy" or not. An avocado for example is extremely calorie dense...but also very "healthy" in that it packs a ton of nutrition into a small serving...conversely, a diet coke is no calories...but offers no nutritional value whatsoever.
  • callyart
    callyart Posts: 209
    Options
    Stews with fresh ingredients
    Soups
    Omelette and a side salad, I love mushroom and tomato in my omelettes
    Stuffed peppers (roasted) with cous cous
    Roasted courgette topped with low fat cheese and tomatoes (healthy pizza :D!)

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Google 'healthy simple dinner recipes', then find some that sound like something you'd enjoy. Or look on Pinterest. Seriously, there are thousands of simple healthy meal recipes available on the internet, no matter what your definition of healthy might be. Just find something that suits your palate.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    it's darned cold outside - so crock pot soup is my suggestion.
    The following two are amazing and only 200 calories per cup, each.

Skinnytaste.com Crock Pot Sante Fe Chicken
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/02/crock-pot-santa-fe-chicken-425-pts.html

Colleen's Slow Cooker Jambalaya
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/colleens-slow-cooker-jambalaya/
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Pinterest is a great place to check. I keep a 'healthy meals' board so I can hang onto recipes and ideas I want to try. For me personally, baked chicken breast is my favorite healthy dinner. You can do so much with chicken [seasonings/marinade] to make it taste different each time you cook it, and it's low enough calorie that you can eat a good sized portion and get full. I also love potatoes any and all ways. Baked, fried, mashed - you name it. Throw in some steamed veggies and you've got yourself a meal. Baked fish would probably be just as awesome, I just haven't tried it yet!
  • rachm1994
    Options
    Thanks guys :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »
    Healthy is relative to personal goals and macro targets.
    Bam!