Compression Shorts/Boxer Briefs for Women?

Options
I need recommendations for compression shorts or boxer briefs for women. I need a few new pairs to wear under my uniform for a martial arts class. Most of the shorts made for women seem to have a seam that splits right up the middle--who the heck ever thought THAT was a good idea? I need something that won't slide down during a workout, and to be blunt, something with a proper crotch. I have no problem wearing men's underwear, but even so I'd like to hear what works best before I make a decision as to what to buy.

Replies

• hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Bump for the post-holiday, back-to-work crowd.
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I've been happy with the 4" compression shorts from Under Armour.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Idk what your uniform is but you could just go commando
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    they make fitted shorts you can get at Target with varying thickness.

They are in the athletic section.
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    I have Under Armour compression shorts of a couple of lengths (5 and 7, I think?) that do NOT have a seam up the middle in the crotch. They are also mid-rise instead of low-rise, which is important for me and surprisingly difficult to find right now.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    under armour is what I wear under my gi.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I have some Nike compression shorts that I love; I trained for a marathon in them and they're my go-to treadmill shorts. 5" inseam I think, and they don't slide down or ride up.
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the different suggestions. I'll definitely check these out when I go shopping. As for the rec to go commando, that just isn't even remotely a possibility. It would be immediately obvious to everyone in the class that I had nothing on under my pants. Plus, I once stood behind a woman in an exercise class who wore tight, white shorts. Between the sweating and the stretching at the end of class I was intimately acquainted with her shaving habits. I swore I would never, ever scar anyone like that. Ack.