The "Lose 3-4 Stone Club"

Options
So I just stood on the scales for the first time since after Christmas and I am horrified!! I wasn't starting my diet/exercise plan till the New Year so I wasn't planning to have lost anything, was expecting to have put a bit on but not as much as I have!!

So full steam ahead with the diet/exercise. Just looking for some people who have the same amount to lose and maybe want to motivate/support each other? This is my first go of dieting/exercising to properly lose a large chunk of weight so I expect I will need a pep talk along the way!!

Anyone want to join?

Current Weight: 14st 8lb
Goal Weight: 11st 5lb - 12lb
Summary of plan: I am starting slowish so I don't give up too quick. So I am cutting out all alcohol, crisps and sweets. Switching coffee for green tea, going to the gym 2-3 times a week, eating my main meal at lunch time 2-3 times a week and going to take short breaks from my desk at work for a quick walk around.

Replies

• dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Hello, I have been on mfp for about 15 months, lost 34lbs but still have a long way to go.

Anyone is welcome to friend me but the following are MUSTS for me.
    1. You log onto mfp regularly
    2. You comment on post and not just use the like button.
    3. The support is two way and you give support to me in return for the support I give to you.

I do delete those that do not support and comment as I want to be a supportive friend on this journey.
    Good Luck to you all.
  • angelinhell
    angelinhell Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm pretty much the same start weight as you (14 9) and I want to get down to 11 stone. I'd never used MFP previously but have had success with other diets. Messed about the whole of last year though. Lost 21lbs and put about 13 back on at the end of the year, so angry with myself! I'm starting off on 1200 calories, seeing how i get on with that and trying to do some form of exercise every day (just so I can eat more really, lol)

Hope all goes well for you. I can hit my target by mid August if i lose 1.5lbs a week. Definitely worth 8 months of dieting!

Zoe x
  • hanscanlan
    hanscanlan Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Horrified?! I know the feeling! I started back in September and realized that I didn't just look awful with 60 extra lbs on me, but I couldn't do think things I love anymore namely mountain biking and hiking. I've lost about 40 lbs since then. I'm still at it! Add me if you're looking for encouragement.