New here, have big goals...with little steps

Options
Hello, I think it's time to change the way things are around me, plus with the new year it is always great to start a better self. My goal over all is to loose 107 pounds either by the end of the year or by mid next year. I figured 1 to 1.5 pounds a week would get me at least half way there by the end of the year and if I manage to do some kind of cardio it may be even faster. Any who... I sit on my big butt all day long and I am planning to change that part of things. I have changed my meals, I've made them much lighter and also added much more veggies or fruits less starchy things, I will also restrict the amount of snacks or chips or garbage foods I consume, I think it's a bad idea to deprive yourself all together just gottah learn some self control....which will be hard to do since the husband likes to eat out every other day....and it doesn't help that he is a twig...(grr)... but any who I will be looking forward to joining this community and finding a better leaner self.

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    You're on your way...your attitude is already bright and ready for changes, Welcome!
  • nightclass03
    nightclass03 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • irishprincess007
    irishprincess007 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You so got this!! Feel free to add me for support, encouragement, and accountability!
  • nightclass03
    Options
    Thank You!
  • MissLeigh2015
    Options
    It's wonderful to think grand about our end goal! For me, I find it easier to give myself little goals to achieve and it makes my end goal not seem so daunting. My goal weight loss is 130 pounds and I sit on my but all day too so I am in the same boat as you. My end goal is a long way away, so I told myself I will commit to one month of using MFP to track every little thing I eat and drink and eat healthier. For now, that is my only commitment but I know if I stick to these 30 days, I will see enough improvement to continue with my journey. Just remember, you deserve it and feeling comfortable in your own body will feel way better than any comfort food can bring you!
  • nightclass03
    Options
    It's wonderful to think grand about our end goal! For me, I find it easier to give myself little goals to achieve and it makes my end goal not seem so daunting. My goal weight loss is 130 pounds and I sit on my but all day too so I am in the same boat as you. My end goal is a long way away, so I told myself I will commit to one month of using MFP to track every little thing I eat and drink and eat healthier. For now, that is my only commitment but I know if I stick to these 30 days, I will see enough improvement to continue with my journey. Just remember, you deserve it and feeling comfortable in your own body will feel way better than any comfort food can bring you!
    Thank u this is a great motivator for me.... I try to make small and simple goals as well like preparing healthy meals, walking before lunch, standing up for 10 minutes every hour I am sitting down. My husband is also helping with motivation and food control, right now he is always asking me to go for a walk.... Thanks again. My first goal would be to create a routine that I am comfortable with. So investigating new things is always on the list :D