super juice me - january with jason vale - anyone else doing this?!

Options
hello all, I've signed up to do the jason vale soup n juice in january - just wondering if anyone else is doing it too?

little background for me before anyone tells me juicing is dangerous or bad for you. I've been let down by my healthcare providers so many times over.

I am allergic/severely intolerant to gluten/grains and struggle to digest carbs like white potatoes. over the past 4 years i've also found out I am allergic to dairy. In the past 6 months I've been hospitalised twice with kidney pains and infections and in a space of 3 months had over 20 courses of antibiotics (and got glandular fever to boot this year)and IBS....

I need to figure out which foods are causing the pains and cramps I get, so this seems a good way for me to eliminate the foods that i believe are causing trouble and then introduce them slowly back in and see what reactions I get.

If there are any other juicers out there or people with good ideas for juices and helpful things I'd love to hear from yoU!

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    why juice and not soups?
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Are you allergic to fiber as well? If not, what about eating steamed vegetables, soups, and salads? Have you done an elimination diet under the care of a nutritionist, MD, etc? I have done some juicing before but I was getting too much concentrated sugars and not enough fiber. In addition, the fast water weight I lost from drinking juice/smoothies, came right back when I went back to eating regular food without having learned to eat in a deficit.
  • chocciechip
    chocciechip Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    sorry it is juice and soups! much better for cold weather ;-)
    the doc just prescribes more pills or says just cut out the foods or dairy can't get to see a nutritionist
  • SamanthaFay1970
    SamanthaFay1970 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I also juice and eat soups but because I suffer from Crohns disease and have recently had a 4 week spell in hospital. I cant tolerate fibre and this seemed a good way of getting the nutrients I need without the bulk. I have short bowel syndrome and a very lazy one at that and strictures that cause blockages. Am waiting for an operation but basically cant eat much solid food. Have only just started but feel a whole lot better already. One thing I would advise is to ensure you are getting enough water. I juice at breakfast, soup for lunch and have steamed chicken or fish with spinach and rice for dinner. So quite similar to Justin Vales plan. I am on a shed load of steroids and my weight has gone through the roof so hoping to lose weight. Contrary to popular belief I am a fat Crohnie - had the disease for 10+ years and really messed up my digestion. I think at the end of the day its what works for you. Sometimes its not just one group of foods but a combination. Keep ploughing on - I knew someone that tap water affected him badly - took him years to fathom it out. Mine is nuts, citrus fruits and very fibrous foods or fatty foods. I make my own yogurt - Easi Yo for the healthy bacteria but you could try any probiotics with live bacteria - Yakult is another one. I think its good to rest the gut anyway for a few days and juice and soup is a good way to do it. Best of luck and I hope you get to the bottom of your problems soon.
    -
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    If you are trying to establish food intolerances it would be far more beneficial for you to follow a structured elimination diet.

Simply google elimination diet and select one of the guidelines from a recognised medical centre

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Curious as to why your doctor hasn't assigned you a dietitian?
  • bryant28408
    bryant28408 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Juicing is fine and might be right for you but if you are diabetic, or lean that way, juices can really jack your sugars. Just use caution. Best of luck in finding an answer.