Introduction!

Options
I'm Sonya and this is my first time really using my fitness pal. I've done Weight Watchers in the past with some success, but I feel like this is going to just as successful. My husband and my daughter are also using this program so support at home is great.

I'm 45, with 17 year old twins and a 15 year old. I can't justify my extra weight to baby weight anymore! I'm a registered nurse in public health, so I feel guilty giving nutrition advice to clients when I'm at least 75 pounds overweight.

This is MY year! No more excuses. I want to be healthy and proud of myself next New Year's Eve.

Hope to meet new friends with similar goals to encourage along the way.

Sonya

Replies

• neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You've definitely taken the right step forward. Customize your weight loss profile so as to know what macros/ calories you should be hitting a day. The next best step is to accurately and honestly log all food and liquid you consume every day. Good luck! B)
  • StaceyLeeB71
    StaceyLeeB71 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! I too am not going to use the "extra baby weight" excuse anymore (my kids are 13 and 19). 2015 is OUR year!!! =)
  • KruCrew
    KruCrew Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Sonya, I too am new to MFP and on day 3. I am 46, married with two teenage boys (15 & 16) - my baby weight has moved in permanently. Weight Watchers has been good for me in the past too, but I thought I might try something different, so here goes...
  • mutigger00
    mutigger00 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your journey!