first day 1300 calorie limit

Options
Hi im new to all this ive started the app today looking for recipe ideas that are quick & easy with having a 3 year old and 14 week old baby. Ive had cereal with red milk so far a veg soup and banana. Ive brought salad stuff chicken beef slices for sandwiches. Whats the best bread to have? Any help highly appreciated x

Replies

• tlynnd33
    tlynnd33 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use Nature's Own Sandwich Rounds.
  • WAS287GOAL170
    WAS287GOAL170 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I use village hearth 12 grain. Its only 80 cal for 2 slices!
  • Eire228
    Eire228 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I use sprouted whole wheat bread. It's a bit higher in calories (80 for 1 slice) and isn't the most delicious bread you'll eat (but definitely edible and not at all gross!), but apparently it's the "healthiest" bread. Or so says my sister-in-law, who is a nurse and total health/organic/natural food nut. She makes her own deodorant and laundry detergent to avoid bad chemicals...so I feel like if she will eat this bread, then it must be ok. :)

Cooking Light has some great healthy and quick recipes. I have a cookbook of theirs, and they break down all of the calorie/protein/vitamin, etc, information. And they add suggestions to make things easier (like using bottled garlic instead of chopping it yourself to save time).
  • Mrs_L_M
    Mrs_L_M Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, i have 2 young children and cook the same for all of us. For breakfast i have a bowl of cereal and an actimal. Tonight ive done a gammon joint and served it with new potatoes, carrots, green beans, parsnips and peas. The left over gammon went in a a vegetable broth that i made today. In the slowcooker i put carrots, swede, onion, leeks and pearl barley with vegetable stock. It tastes lovely and will do for dinner the next couple of days. Tomorrow we are having pasta with sausages in a tomato based sauce made with passata, onions, mushrooms and herbs. We are also having omlettes & jacket potatoes this week, piri chicken with rice and veg, spaghetti bolognese, chicken curry. For lunch i normally have soup or a sandwich. I use Kingsmill 50/50 bread. Hope this helps. I use the slowcooker alot with having 2 kids so im not spending all my time in the kictchen. x
  • Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I am not sure where you are from, But you should check out the Ste-Méthode while grain loaf with sprouted wheat. 60 calories a sclice and has great nutrition
  • keyandmaddison
    Options
    Mrs_L_M wrote: »
    Hi, i have 2 young children and cook the same for all of us. For breakfast i have a bowl of cereal and an actimal. Tonight ive done a gammon joint and served it with new potatoes, carrots, green beans, parsnips and peas. The left over gammon went in a a vegetable broth that i made today. In the slowcooker i put carrots, swede, onion, leeks and pearl barley with vegetable stock. It tastes lovely and will do for dinner the next couple of days. Tomorrow we are having pasta with sausages in a tomato based sauce made with passata, onions, mushrooms and herbs. We are also having omlettes & jacket potatoes this week, piri chicken with rice and veg, spaghetti bolognese, chicken curry. For lunch i normally have soup or a sandwich. I use Kingsmill 50/50 bread. Hope this helps. I use the slowcooker alot with having 2 kids so im not spending all my time in the kictchen. x

Thankyou so much for these suggestions I love all what you have said does it fit in ok with your calorie intake aswell? Im in the uk so will buy the kingsmill 50/50 I need to invest in a slow cooker :) thankyou again x
  • Mrs_L_M
    Mrs_L_M Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, yes it does. Im allocated 1200 calories and manage ok. If i do get a little hungry in between meals i snack on fruit. I have a couple of cups of tea a day but apart from that i drink no added sugar dilute. I still allow myself a treat on a weekend and a couple of glasses of wine. With pasta, i normally do my husband and girls a garlic bread but you will find they knock your calories up quite abit. I always meal plan too as i find it easier doing this. I put all my meals into myfitness pal for the week so i can keep track. x
  • sakuya3834
    sakuya3834 Posts: 116 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I like Dave's Killer Bread. It's more expensive and higher calorie (although you can get thin slice) but it is very good quality, tasty, and has a lot of protein and fiber!