Cancer, hospitals. & a teenager diet

I'm your typical (almost) 19 year old college student. I attend Monmouth college as a freshman. But there is one thing that sets me apart from my peers: my mom has cancer.

My mom was diagnosed with Leiomyosarcoma in her uterus at age 49. It's a very rare type of cancer. Since then she's gone through 7 surgeries, one in which her right lung was removed. Currently the cancer has spread to multiple places, including her brain.

Over the past 2 and a half years, my health has plummeted from all of the stress. I eat to feel better and I eat when I'm stressed.

I've gained 50 pounds from all of this and now I'm going something about it. I've come to realize that regardless of my mothers health, I shouldn't just ignore mine. Keeping myself health helps to keep mom going.

I'm really to move forward and to become a healthier person!! ☺️

Replies

• JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    So sorry to hear about your mom. That is a really tough situation for someone as young as yourself to be in and I hope your mom receives a miracle. All the best to you. Pls feel free to add me as a friend. I check in daily!
  • Praying for you and your mother both. I'm hoping you find the help here you need.
  • sebedina
    sebedina Posts: 161 Member
    Im sure your mum would want you to stay healthy too. The healthier you are the better you will cope with all this stress. Very sorry to hear. Be kind to yourself, you are doing so well with all the pressure