5:2 diet

I was thinking of doing this diet any tips?

Replies

• kimberlymarie30
    kimberlymarie30 Posts: 36 Member
    I did this for awhile, but just recently switched to 16:8 fasting (16 hour fast, 8 hour feed). It's much more manageable for me. I found myself obsessing over food too much when on the 5:2 fast. Good Luck!
  • Thanks,I think I'll try it for a week and see how I do
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    I do alternate day fasting. 5:2 was too slow for me. But I didn't have a lot to lose.
    I'll go back to 5:2 or 6:1 to maintain.
  • Thanks for the advice :)
  • zipa78
    zipa78 Posts: 354 Member
    I did this for awhile, but just recently switched to 16:8 fasting (16 hour fast, 8 hour feed). It's much more manageable for me. I found myself obsessing over food too much when on the 5:2 fast. Good Luck!

I've tried them both, and I think that intermittent fasting (16/8) works a lot better for me than 5:2. The fasted days with 5:2 were just too low cal for me, but I got used to not having breakfast or lunch really fast. The only problem for me with IF was the social factor and the fact that stuffing down 2500-3500 kcal in one or two meals was not a good idea for someone with a disposition for binge eating...
  • I started today. Plan on Monday, Wednesday and half day Friday as my fasting days. I watch a great BBC on intermediate fasting.
  • dawn0293
    dawn0293 Posts: 115 Member
    I just started doing intermittent fasting with a zig zag calorie intake and I really like it. I feel like I have a lot more freedom now.