Stay at home momma lookin for ideas :)

Options
Hi , I am just getting started here and looking for some fun ideas that my 3 year old could participate with. I live in Minnesota and the temps this week are too cold and frigid to take her out side to play and need exercise so we dont go crazy. Thanks for any imput and have a blessed day :)

Replies

• maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Hey there! My now 4 year old daughter is my favorite workout partner! We are actually starting the Jillian Michaels Body revolution program over again after months of her begging. Last time around she was 3 1/2, I never thought it would be something we could do together at such a young age and its not like she took it serious or had to finish or do anything in specific but she had a ton of fun, moved around a lot, and loves to show off her moves to everyone we meet.

I'd say from my experience almost any home workouts can be done with kids if you make it fun, talk a lot, and laugh when you mess up. Its been a great bonding experience for us (especially since her baby brother now gets so much attention and her older brother is off at school during the day) not only do I get to workout and get healthy but I'm teaching her to love herself and what she can do and how to stay healthy.
  • amandahansen40
    amandahansen40 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    thanks :smiley: , today actually turned out pretty good we did a dance workout together and it was so cute. then we cleaned lol I cleaned. It would be great if this weather warmed up because we love to be outside but it felt good to get my cardio in and have fum with my daughter at the same time. Thanks for your input
  • lindseyspillane
    Options
    I feel your pain! I am in CO and stay at home with my 3 year old daughter. If you ever get on Pinterest there are lots of ideas on there as well for activities with the little ones.
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I'm home with a 2.5 year old, and a 6 year old when school is out. My son tends to do his own thing while I exercise, he checks in on me every once in awhile, and sometimes tries to copy me. BUt generally he plays in his room, while I am in my room following a DVD. My 6 year old daughter loves to follow along as best she can. We were setting up my "gym" tv last night night, and I had Jillian Michaels Yoga Inferno in the DVD player, and she had a blast doing the warm up, and even tried some moves with 5lb dumbells. But sometimes I just walk in circles around the house and up and down the stairs, and they follow me like little chicks
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Is there a YMCA you could join? There are always kids playing in the playrooms, indoor pools and indoor playground/basketball court at my branch. 'Child watch' is included in the membership, it's $8 more a month to add a child where we live. It would give you some alone time to exercise during the day and your 3 year old a chance to make new friends and be active indoors.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    There's baby and me videos out there, I know for yoga, for sure. You could also just throw music on and dance around. My kids love that.
  • stingrayinfl
    stingrayinfl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    very good...Disney has some good workout videos for mommy and child..what about a mall, indoor building where you can walk...you are doing good..the will is there