non gym exercise

Options
Hi,
I am just starting out on my weight loss journey but I was wondering what are the best exercises that involve not going to the gym. I have about 20kgs to loose buy due to being a full time mum to my 2 girls and a full to!e carer for my grandma I can't actually get to the gym like I would have before kids and granny

Replies

• sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Look on youtube, there are a lot of fitness videos and you can try out different things until you find something you like.
  • Chewer713
    Chewer713 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Have you considered some type class? How old are you children? Maybe a martial arts class where you can all join in? Or a swimming club? Or with two girls maybe some form of dancing.
    Doesnt really solve the problem of granny though...
  • SexyKatherine73
    SexyKatherine73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    turn up the stereo and dance, dance like there is no tomorrow :smile: you little princess may enjoy it too.
  • kwoodbury2010
    Options
    I work two jobs and don't have time for the gym and it gives me anxiety I went and bought a couple different games for the Wii gaming system I love the just dance games and gold gyms cardio dance they definitely make you sweat and then I add in some ground workouts I've been doing it for a week now and I've lost 5 pounds so far it won't happen every week but it seems to help:)
  • unrulysherlock
    unrulysherlock Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I run and do circuit training. Jillian Michaels has great programs, I like "no more trouble zones" it kicks my butt but I feel it all over
  • TomInAiken
    TomInAiken Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    LauraSheil wrote: »
    Hi,
    I am just starting out on my weight loss journey but I was wondering what are the best exercises that involve not going to the gym. I have about 20kgs to loose buy due to being a full time mum to my 2 girls and a full to!e carer for my grandma I can't actually get to the gym like I would have before kids and granny

Laura: I don't believe there is a single correct answer to "what are the best exercises". The best for me may not be the best for you. I suggest you do things that you like to do. It can be something as simple as walking. Or it may be something like the dancing and workout DVDs mentioned by others. Whatever it is, if you enjoy doing it you will be more likely to continue doing it. And that's the best exercise for you.
  • katya_be
    katya_be Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I run and do circuit training. Jillian Michaels has great programs, I like "no more trouble zones" it kicks my butt but I feel it all over
    No More Trouble Zones is my favorite! It is good for beginner strength/cardio. Increase the amount of weights you use as you progress. Also fitnessblender.com has the best variety of workouts. Another site I love is blogilates.com, she has a beginner calendar for starters.
  • unrulysherlock
    unrulysherlock Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Blogilates? Ill have to check that out!
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Calisthenics and a $10 balance ball recently saved my life with this problem.
  • mckennasihde
    mckennasihde Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Blogilates? Ill have to check that out!
    Cassey Ho of Blogilates is the best! I am doing the beginners calendar now!
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Get the app called Sworkit Lite. Tons of exercises, no gym equipment. I LOVE it.