Has anyone done carb cycling?

Options
I'm starting Chris Powells carb cycling tomorrow. First attempt. I have high hopes. has anyone done it? I'm looking to connect with new people who have done it or are trying it, to help support me on this journey. Any advice welcome, feel free to add me as well.

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Well, there's no magic to it, if that's what you're asking. Unless you do something crazy, it's also unlikely to cause any harm.

What, specifically, are you trying to accomplish?
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Tried it once a month ago. Weight shot up 6 pounds the next day per the scales and I felt awful for about three days but on day eight was back to my pre carb nite weight.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    One of my friends does carb cycling because it helps her migraines.

The only way to lose weight is to eat less calories than you burn.
  • Behold76
    Options
    I did carb cycling lose weight on my low carb days along with cadio and no weightlifting
  • zipa78
    zipa78 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Chris Powells carb cycling tomorrow. First attempt. I have high hopes. has anyone done it? I'm looking to connect with new people who have done it or are trying it, to help support me on this journey. Any advice welcome, feel free to add me as well.

Don't know about Chris Powell, but yes, I'm carb cycling. There's no need to get your hopes up, though. There's no magic about it, but it works rather well if you're lifting heavy while trying to lose weight.