Diet advice

Options
Hey all,

Okay so I'm not sure if anyone has done this sort of diet before, but basically during the weekend I tend to binge eat as I work long hours both days. So I kind of created my own sort of diet, on weekdays I eat somewhat 500 kcals below my calorie target so by the weekend I still have another 5000-6000kcals left. Is this diet going to be effective for fat loss? I started this diet last week and have not weighed myself since.

To summarize, I eat below my weekly calorie goal but I eat over my calorie goal 2 days a week.

Thanks

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Having a weekly calorie goal vs. a daily one is fine. Lots of people do that.

Eating 500 calories below a possibly low goal already (are you getting enough nutrition, are you getting what you need for energy?) and then binging seems unhealthy, however, and likely to encourage habits/patterns that aren't helpful.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I take more notice of my weekly deficit, rather than the daily one.
  • noorul87
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

Eating 500 calories below a possibly low goal already (are you getting enough nutrition, are you getting what you need for energy?) and then binging seems unhealthy, however, and likely to encourage habits/patterns that aren't helpful.
    My goal is to lose 1lbs a week so 500 calories below shouldn't be too bad as I read somewhere losing 2lbs a week is healthy. And in terms of the way I phrased 'binging', I think I should say I'm not constantly eating, but rather eating 4-5 small unhealthy meals a day.
  • Behold76
    Options
    If you do eat 500 calories a day increase your fat intake to 65%, decreases carbs 20%-50% dont go below 20%, and keep protein at 30%-40%
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    noorul87 wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

My goal is to lose 1lbs a week so 500 calories below shouldn't be too bad as I read somewhere losing 2lbs a week is healthy. And in terms of the way I phrased 'binging', I think I should say I'm not constantly eating, but rather eating 4-5 small unhealthy meals a day.

2lbs per week can be healthy for those with more to lose. For those with five pounds to lose, it is an extremely aggressive goal.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I personally have a "Daily" goal of 1500-1600 calories a day, but tend to eat 1100-1200 a day on weekdays and 2200+ a day on weekends. Works for me, and keeps me sane. I wouldn't go crazy on the weekday restricting though, I go no lower than 1100 and that's maybe 1 day a week.