Couch to 5k

Options
I started this today. Has anyone else just started recently?

Replies

• jissellc
    jissellc Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 6! Keep going!
  • lngrunert
    lngrunert Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Only on week 2, but since I've never run in my life before, I'm stoked to just be running the 90 seconds. :)
  • malavika413
    malavika413 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I started today! Unfortunately I set the speed of my treadmill way too high and only could finish half. I'll be more reasonable for the next workout.
  • DeeRay101712
    DeeRay101712 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I just started '5k Runner' yesterday. Very excited! I'm planning to run my first ever running race in June. :)
  • festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I started today! Unfortunately I set the speed of my treadmill way too high and only could finish half. I'll be more reasonable for the next workout.

I found when I started that around 4.5 was a decent speed. Not too fast and not too slow.
  • kayna1225
    kayna1225 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I did this last January for a race in april. I almost died after first one!! But talk about feeling accomplished after every 'run'. And I finished in 28 minutes! Keep going it gets better:)
  • Audjoc
    Audjoc Posts: 2
    Options
    Love this program/app! Also did the couch to triathlon (sprint) There isn't an app but you can look it up on Google.
  • Ghlt4
    Ghlt4 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I started last week. Today I started week 2. I've booked to do a 5K in April. I can't wait!!
  • aveny3
    aveny3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded the app today. I've been able to run a mile on the treadmill, at a zero incline, and at a "speed" of 4.3 mph -- so it takes me like 14 minutes to run that mile. I'm hoping to get faster. My goal is to get to 5k on the treadmill, and then start running outside in the spring. I need to get properly fitted for shoes though -- my regular sneakers aren't cutting it, even on the treadmill. And the compression pants I bought from old Navy are falling down. :/
  • lngrunert
    lngrunert Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    festerw wrote: »

I found when I started that around 4.5 was a decent speed. Not too fast and not too slow.

I can get up to 5mph right now, but am cool with decreasing speed back to 4.5 or even lower if it means I can make it through the progressions. Especially being so new to running, I'd rather go far than fast!

• NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Starting on Monday. I started last year and quit 1/2 way through. Not sure why, because I was seeing good progress. This time I'm committing because I just signed up for 3 5K's, the first in March, the other 2 in May.
  • krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I just started today! :) It was exhausting and I am so tired, but it felt great. Last time I tried it, I tried to flat out run when I first started it and it killed me. This time I'm doing a slow jog to start off it and not only was it a good burn, but I was actually able to do it with minimal stops. Good luck everyone! We can do it. <3
  • whitewolf1200
    whitewolf1200 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Did the first day yesterday and it wasn't too bad. Can't wait to see if it actually works!
  • Rinny_D
    Rinny_D Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm keen to start today :)
  • lrpeedin
    lrpeedin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 8. The most important part is run slow, don't stop. I cannot believe how far I've come and I have a lifetime to get faster. Also week three was the worst for me, I repeated it twice(so a total of 3 times) before I moved on. Don't dread week 5 day 3, it's all in your head. I was so so proud of myself after that run.
  • sloseph
    sloseph Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    i completed it last year, it's such an awesome program, congratulation on starting

the best advise i can give you should probably be running slower than you think, speed will come in time, you want to work on endurance first

also make sure you warm up properly, i found that the quick 5 minute warm up walk wasn't enough for me which caused me a bit of pain before i walked it out

good luck and keep at it :)