Suggestion on how to exercise with a broken (casted) foot.

Options
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for exercising while my foot is in a cast. I broke my foot, and have a cast up to almost my knee. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Replies

• dd_salas
    dd_salas Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    maybe using resistance bands for upper body, and lower body on your good leg? A lot of exercises with a resistance band can be done sitting/laying down.
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    yoga with modified movements to compensate for the cast. I did it when I had bunion surgery, didn't do much but helped keep me limber. If you go to a gym upper body weights.

Hope you heal fast!
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    pilates-yoga-resistance band- and my personal fave while I too was one legged--Chair Dancing!!! yes mam it is even in the mfp-similiar to low impact- you sit on the edge of a chair and you can kick you legs-wave your arms- even move the "bum" leg--and walking with crutches is also on the mfp- cuz it burns ALOT!!

hope you are well soon
  • liljen79
    liljen79 Posts: 20
    Options
    Thanks! Those are great suggestions! I was thinking of getting weights for here at home anyway, but I guess it will be sooner rather than later!
  • liljen79
    liljen79 Posts: 20
    Options
    Chair dancing sounds fun! I'll definitely have to try that! Thankfully I don't have to be on crutches...I have an air cast that I can walk in but it's really awkward!