Lunch anyone? suggestions wanted.....

Hey all, I am in need of some work lunch options to not get bored. I am trying to stay away from red meat at lunch. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    What do you eat for supper? Make larger portions fro the evening meal so you can save some to bring to work the next day.
  • I meal prep lots of fish! And chicken...then just prepare it in various ways.
  • kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    Fajita veggies, pinto beans, brown rice, salsa and sour cream in a salad. Very filling and yummy.
  • Thanks for the replies! Keep them coming great ideas;)
  • I have the same problem! Need lunch ideas for school :smiley:

Now I have :
    - Tuna salad
    - Home made banana or apple whole wheat muffins
    - Cold Brinta (kind of oat meal, I think it's dutch) but not really tasty...
    - Chicken wraps
  • caseym87
    caseym87 Posts: 26 Member
    I like to bring dinner leftovers or a lunch meat sandwich with carrots and hummus. Sometimes I'll make burrito bowls - rice, black beans, chicken, corn, and salsa.
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    I have a lot of salads with tuna or faux meat or boiled eggs. Always veggies and hummus on the side and usually a yogurt or fiberone snack.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    So this week I am eating grilled tuna on spinach with balsamic vinegar with a pear and Greek yogurt.

I will most of the time eat some sort of salad. It is just easy for me. I will change them each week. Like different type of protein, dressing, and toppings.
  • bkerr30
    bkerr30 Posts: 131 Member
    Soup in a thermos. I make anywhere from two to three homemade soups a week and my kiddo, husband and I mainly bring that to work/school. Its quick and easy to pack and I know exactly what goes in it versus store bought soup. Hope that helps!
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Last night for dinner I made some chicken breast with a balsamic/basil puree and diced tomatoes & onions on top. Had the chicken over some brown rice then put a little feta on top. Delicious!! I made a few extra chicken breasts so my husband and I could have some for lunch at work.
  • Thanks everyone - great help!