Too tired to workout, but low on calorie leftover amount

Options
Hey everyone,

So I ran into a dilemma today--

I was super sore from working out rather intensely the last few days, and at 1:50pm I only had ~290 calories left to use up for the rest of the day. After resting for a bit, I am able to work out now. Doing so will essentially leave me with the ability to eat decently for the rest of the day.

However, once I get back to school & work (i.e., after my vacation is over in a few days), I won't be able to have much of the luxury to "rest" very much. Nonetheless, I think with consistent working out (my goal is to do so everyday), my body will be more used to being on the go + a lower amount of calorie intake.

My question: What would you do in the above situation? I.e., being too tired for a workout, but having a small amount of calorie space leftover for the rest of the day...

Thanks so much in advance.

Best,
Michelle

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Look at your nutrition for the past 7 days—not just today. It's easier in the app.
  • murphyocean
    murphyocean Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yeah...I know.... When I look at my nutrition for the last several days I can see that I have actually been doing well. Nonetheless, I'm just hard on myself sometimes...and I hate being tired. :) To me, tired = not being able to do EVERYTHING I want to do. Nonetheless, I have to understand to be easier on myself sometimes, and know when to push hard. It's actually one of my new year's resolutions. :)

Thanks for the advice editorgrrl. :)
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    My point was that if you have more than 290 calories left in your weekly goal, then you can eat more & still lose weight.

All that matters is your weekly deficit—not your daily calorie goal.
  • murphyocean
    murphyocean Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I recall the same sentiment from a trainer in the past. Thanks for the reminder of it. :)