Had to share "A moment"

Options
I work in an office and spend the day at my desk. We have a gym at work and I spend usually 45 minutes there during my lunch. I had a great food day and exercised then went to a Core class, typical day ... fast forward.
I came home, cooked my meal and then cooked for my 3 boys ages 23,19 and 16 (all skinny tall kiddos). I wanted to take a walk after I ate to get some air since it was a beautiful 40 degrees out. One boy offers to come, then the second and the third pops in and says he wants to come too ! I was shocked since starting the journey I have been pretty much alone. I lag a little behind because of 2 reconstructed hips and just watched.
They were talking, giggling and having such a nice time ... all because I wanted to get in some exercise before heading to bed. Before we knew it we had walked almost 3 miles. At that moment my heart felt so happy and I had that glimpse of my past and I remembered why I am doing this. I want to make as many of those memories as I possibly can !

Who knew just a little walk could be so powerful.

Replies

• mombye
    mombye Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Beautiful story keep up the great work
  • logicalinks
    logicalinks Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great day all around! Hope you have many more like it.

I was running on Saturday, and at one point, was overwhelmed with the feeling of how fortunate I am to be able to move and be healthy. It's so easy to take it for granted. Notice moments like these are the things that really do "make our hearts happy." :)
  • Icanredefinemyself
    Icanredefinemyself Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!