20lb loss by march 1st, anyone in?

Options

Replies

• Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Just shooting for 10lbs less by March myself. I do Yoga a couple of times a week now. Eating less than 1700 calories a day. I have up to 2 cheat meals a week (not days, just meals). I'm 5'11" and started at 270 three and a half years ago, currently 206.8. I weigh in on Saturday mornings but I weigh myself every day. Anyone who is looking for a logging buddy is welcome to shoot me a friend request. (Please include a little note though)
  • kellyngu
    kellyngu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and need to lose 24 lbs to get to my healthy goal weight of 130. I'm in!
  • Gunr2147
    Gunr2147 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm in. 220 right now and looking to lose 37lbs overall.
  • 50sthenew30
    50sthenew30 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Another good site full of useful info http://www.leanitup.com/ and from it this
    http://www.leanitup.com/part-i-nutrition-the-simple-beginners-guide-to-strength-and-muscle-building/ if you look at all four sections gives you a pretty good idea what to do :)
  • mariamathsgeek
    mariamathsgeek Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! Am 5'5" and on Jan 1st I was 181 lbs. My goal is 140 lbs so this would get me half way there. I'm an 'all or nothing' kinda gal....moderation does not work for me! I need strict rules and to be accountable. I'm doing 'dry January' and Whole30 and my cals on MFP are 1200. My exercise routine (which went out of the window for the second half of December) is running x 3 a week, kickboxing x 1 a week, swimming x 1 a week and lots of walking/hiking. I'm planning to increase my running distance/speed as I get my fitness back (I've done a Marathon, 2 half Marathons & several 10Ks in the past) and I'm signing up for a local June half Marathon with a sub-2hr goal.

Lets do this!
  • NicolaAnne81
    NicolaAnne81 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    would love to join this challenge as well please I will friend request if you dont mind? I really need the motivation right now :(
  • CATLOVERTN
    CATLOVERTN Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I am only 4'11 1/2 inches and weigh 140 as of today. I had already planned to try and lose 25 pounds by my birthday in late March. It would be nice to have some support. I'll send you an FR.
  • mads_o86
    mads_o86 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of in... Lost 20 lbs last summer and have not lost anything since November - due to various factors.

I'm at 1200 a day - except non-workout days. On workout days I usually have an extra 1000 calories (and I do eat them as I want to have enough energy to work out) but on non-workout days 1200 isn't enough and I usually end up around 1800-2000, which is way more reasonable.

I'm going for 1kg week to start out with, then a little less later. All in all I'm looking for a loss of about 16 lbs by March 1st - and lots and lots of miles run.
  • Loneeagle
    Loneeagle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'M IN - 71 Years old, Hitting Insanity....218 goal is to reach 180. Goal calories is 1200.
  • staceyb101
    staceyb101 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in :)
  • ortonvillerocks
    ortonvillerocks Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    kasbyKSB wrote: »
    Hi I would like to give this a try - Just joined my fitness pal 3 days ago - My daily cal goal is 2000 - I'm very overweight - can anyone tell me if 2000 is too much ? Or shall I go down to 1200 and use exercise to bump it up ?

I LOVE that you are getting started! You can do this!!!! Go Girl! When you have a lot of weight to lose it can be very tempting to get all pumped up to just basically stop eating much and exercise your butt off. But you will probably get better results by setting a more realistic calorie goal, like your 2000, and working with that for awhile until you get in the groove. I personally play a game where I have a higher calorie goal (1650, 5'9", currently 189, goal 175 before Spring) and then never log my exercise here; instead I use my calendar to add accountability. I meet my calorie goal fairly easily and then when I lose weight I am so happy and feel like I am not being denied life. I have to trick myself - shhh, don't tell me what I'm doing :wink: Changing what you normally eat so drastically to a very low calorie count can feel like a full time job and be hard to stick to.
  • buttrfli322
    buttrfli322 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm in...3mths post-partum...want to lose 40lbs by mid-Apr...shooting for 3lb weight loss a week. Currently on day 2 of T25.
  • runtil108
    runtil108 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • jeffffery
    jeffffery Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    1200 / day is tough..make sure nutrition is good. I am definitely in..I was 237 on Christmas. ..and my motivation mantra is 214 by 2/14! Lets do this!
  • jessiejuggz0420
    Options
    Im not extremely over weight, but I do want to lose 25 lbs. I'm 150 and 5'3 I'm 20 years old. I also was just diagnosed with hypothyroidism so it's been a drag. I am just starting this and would love some great tips and advice, and maybe some motivation as I am quite depressed and worried I will not be able to lose my weight. Thanks.
  • FarmallMom71
    FarmallMom71 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I gained 10 lbs weight back over xmas vacation... after I spent months losing 40 so I have 60 to lose meet my goal now.
  • BikiniBride20
    BikiniBride20 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    me too was 171 on Jan 1 st and aiming for 136 for a wedding in early may so 20 by march 1st would be a great start! Will send you FR
  • deladypilot
    deladypilot Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Question for the challenge.... Are we going to have a certain day to post our weights or does it matter?
  • D3x1
    D3x1 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm in! I weight 242 and I'll try for 222 in March.
  • jessiemjporter
    jessiemjporter Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Question for the challenge.... Are we going to have a certain day to post our weights or does it matter?

i was going to suggest maybe the first of every month, that way it gives people time to see their results and also doesn't block up the thread too much ^.^ ??~~