FatMama_33 says, "Hello."

Options
Hello, I am happy to finally find a place that will allow me to input my daily food and exercise, or lack thereof, without too much effort. Yes, I am lazy in that I don't want to have to work too hard to log food. So because I am lazy I am also now overweight and my pcp has finally added the nasty word "obese" to my medical record. There. It's official I am obese. I look in the mirror and I don't see myself as obese. I see "fat." But then I've always seen myself as fat even when I was normal. It truly sucks to be too thin or too fat or even normal, whatever that is. Anyway, that is my hello. I'm usually self-deprecating (oh spell check, that's cool) but I really have a positive outlook on life in general. I just managed to become "obese" along the way. :smiley:

Everyone please have a very Happy New Year and remember the corner bakery shop is planning on losing a little scratch during the next couple of weeks.

Blessings,
FatMama_33

Replies

• FatMama_33
    FatMama_33 Posts: 16 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I suppose I ought to give a few stats. Ugh, I hate those. I am 5'5" and 206.2 lbs. by my scale and 209.0 lbs. by the medical scale. The lowest weight of my adult life was 117 before children (and realistically too thin for me) and the highest has been 210. My self-sabotage tells me to let my highest weight be 217. I really do know how society treats me as both too thin and too fat, as well as too blond and too brunette. :smiley: I'm 47, married, and mother of 2 wonderfully smart and beautiful girls. I could brag all day, but that is not what I'm here for. My first goal is to lose 31.2 lbs. by my scale to officially be out of the "obese" category and into the "overweight" category. Once that goal is met, I will have another of getting into the "normal" category, but I'd like to be successful with the first one first. Also, I will be cooking for my husband and unsuspecting teenage daughter who wants to be a baker some day. Good luck with that, I know.

Thanks for listening to my boring stats.

FatMama_33
  • FatMama_33
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I figured out the edit in the last post. This one isn't necessary.
  • maews1
    maews1 Posts: 18
    Options
    add me if you want.I'm having a hard time.I'm 62 and need to lose about 30-40 pds,according to my doctor.Have a nice new year!
  • Cathe
    Cathe Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm not new to MFP, but I have been away (and been very bad) for quite a while, so it's time to turn things around (again). Like you, I decided on MFP because it's pretty darn easy to use, with most of what I eat already in the food database. When cooking for your "husband and unsuspecting teenage daughter", check out some of the recipes here and don't tell them what you're doing. They'll be more likely to like it if they don't feel like they're being forced to eat healthy. :smiley:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    FatMama_33 wrote: »
    I figured out the edit in the last post. This one isn't necessary.
    No worries, always lots to learn on a new site. :) Welcome to MFP :)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Cathe wrote: »
    Hello! I'm not new to MFP, but I have been away (and been very bad) for quite a while, so it's time to turn things around (again). Like you, I decided on MFP because it's pretty darn easy to use, with most of what I eat already in the food database. When cooking for your "husband and unsuspecting teenage daughter", check out some of the recipes here and don't tell them what you're doing. They'll be more likely to like it if they don't feel like they're being forced to eat healthy. :smiley:

love your post for so many reasons. LOL
  • SireenGD
    SireenGD Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am happy to finally find a place that will allow me to input my daily food and exercise, or lack thereof, without too much effort. Yes, I am lazy in that I don't want to have to work too hard to log food. So because I am lazy I am also now overweight and my pcp has finally added the nasty word "obese" to my medical record. There. It's official I am obese. I look in the mirror and I don't see myself as obese. I see "fat." But then I've always seen myself as fat even when I was normal. It truly sucks to be too thin or too fat or even normal, whatever that is. Anyway, that is my hello. I'm usually self-deprecating (oh spell check, that's cool) but I really have a positive outlook on life in general. I just managed to become "obese" along the way. :smiley:

Everyone please have a very Happy New Year and remember the corner bakery shop is planning on losing a little scratch during the next couple of weeks.

Blessings,
    FatMama_33[/quote]

• SireenGD
    SireenGD Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello! Good for you for taking a step and joining in. Lets motivate one another. Tracking makes a big difference.
    Good Luck
  • srcurran
    srcurran Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Welcome, best wishes and happy new year. You can do this!
  • FatMama_33
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the warm welcome.
  • prfktpup
    prfktpup Posts: 112
    Options
    Hellooooo! I just started myp today! I'm 56, mother of 4 (3 girls,1 boy), 9 grandchildren (5 girls, 4 boys) and I'm fat! There I said it, isn't it the first step to admit you have a problem? I love pastas and sweets, I don't drink soda or alcohol so those won't be a problem. I like the idea of having support, I think it makes me more accountable. Welcome, lets get this show on the road! Good luck!
  • FatMama_33
    Options
    Oh Ms. Prfktpup, I would love to be a grandma one day. I don't drink either, but the diet cokes are going to be painful to give up. Maybe I just shouldn't buy any more tomorrow.
    prfktpup wrote: »
    Welcome, lets get this show on the road! Good luck!
    I thought you wrote snow and I got a little excited for snow. But yes it will be good to have support.

• ViolaLeeBlueberry
    ViolaLeeBlueberry Posts: 182 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    "Unsuspecting teenage daughter," LOL ... ah the challenges of cooking for a family with all kinds of different needs. And different opinions. And different opinions of a teenage variety. :smile:

Good luck with that! It's, um, interesting. (My teenager wants to bulk up, whereas my husband and I are working to lose; plus said teenager doesn't exactly say, "Oh really? Greens are great for iron and calcium? Why, naturally that makes them wonderful!" More like, "Why CAN'T we have pizza again?")

You can do it, though! I'm completely lazy, and I've managed to drop a lot; it's just consistency and tracking. I'm sure it'll happen for you!!!