TRX Lovers!!! Say hello!!

Options
I think I have found my favourite class in the 45 minute long TRX class I attend twice a week...

It's making me sore in places I haven't been before and I feel stronger every time.

I would LOVE to hear some TRX success stories if any of you have any?

Thanks <3

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I use it as part of my gym workout - when I'm alone I do mainly chest press, squats, lunges and pull-ups against more and more bodyweight.

When I'm with my trainer he seems to like putting me off balance so I'm one foot in the air and doing the same kind of stuff

there's something about the TRX that's just kinda fun tbh
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I haven't done an actual class, but my trainer uses the ropes (is that what they are called?) in my sessions. It's one of the few things that is kind of fun. Last week I used them to do squat jumps. Kicks my butt in a good way. I would love to do a full class.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My trx home just came today. I've played around with it a little, trying to get comfortable with it. I plan to use it during the holidays since it's so portable.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    I use a suspension trainer (not specifically TRX). I do rows with feet elevated on a bench, dips, various single leg exercises and triceps extensions. I also use dumbbells and a pull up bar. I think it's a great tool for anyone interested in BWF.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,619 Member
    Options
    Suspension training is great and forces you to use a lot of stabilizers for the exercises. One of the most cost effective pieces of workout equipment one could use or buy.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I love love love TRX. My trainer uses it as part of my workout sessions. I have done a couple of classes as well. I don't think I have ever finished an exercise without my muscles shaking. It looks so easy until you actually start it. I also love it uses your own body weight.
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I have a TRX, and use it from time to time, along with kettle bells. It can be quite challenging!
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    I did my first full workout with the TRX (the TRX Total Body Workout that comes with the purchase of the TRX) and it was no joke. So hard, but it was great at the same time. I really need to work on my hamstring strength b/c doing the hamstring curls were really difficult.

I also need to work on getting my feet into those straps. They're so big and they want to slid right off of my feet. :\
  • pruntasaurus
    Options
    I've used my TRX (Home) for about three weeks and can tell a significant difference. For me it is very convenient and because it is based on my own weight I can make it as hard as I want it to be, which means for me that I finish every set. I find I can make it very difficult and if the last few repetitions become impossible I can change my lean angle to do the full 20 or 30. I am very overweight and some of the exercises are too difficult (can't support myself), but I think as I use the TRX and myfitnesspal I will get to a point that the "core" exercises become more doable.

I was very glad to find the TRX, as I'd been contemplated making something similar. The TRX is actually easier to use and less expensive than what I had designed in my head.
  • lili61
    lili61 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Love TRX! I do a class 2x per week and even though I've been taking it for over a year, the instructor really mixes things up and it's still super challenging.
  • needernt
    needernt Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I do TRX around a year on my own. And my body shape is far better than when I used to join the gym. more humanly, more curvy and natural and I feel lighter and more athletic. the only problem with TRX is lower body where I need more weight than my own body.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,155 Member
    Options
    I love TRX!! I've been taking 2-3 45 min classes per week and really enjoy them. I walked into it not quite knowing what it was. I like how easy it is to make it challenging or not, depending on where you are. I like that the instructors show you how to modify it for more advanced moves. When I first started most of the exercises were difficult, now I mostly do the advanced versions of each. I now have biceps and a killer squat. It's a fun class, which is the important part of workouts.
  • takumar
    takumar Posts: 42
    Options
    I'm just finishing my third cycle of TRX classes and am very impressed with what it delivers. Upper body - core strength has always taken second place to legwork and cardio for me. Feeling much more balanced and can actually see some musculature now. Just wondered one day, "Where'd that come from?"
  • Porcelaine22
    Porcelaine22 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    These are all amazing stories!!! <3<3

My first day back at the gym after the holidays was yesterday and I jumped straight into a 45 minute TRX class! ABSOLUTELY aching today!!

Cant wait to see the results I gain from this in 3 or 4 months time!!! :D
  • plbazer
    plbazer Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I also absolutely love it for the way it first made me sore in places no other workout could. I love how it doesn't always feel like you are working that hard but then the next day or two you feel it like nothing else.

I've been doing it for about a year and a half now, up to two-three times a week.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    LOVE TRX. Took a lot of classes over the summer and absolutely noticed an increase in strength/muscle. Not currently member of a gym but considering buying a TRX for home.
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    needernt wrote: »
    I do TRX around a year on my own. And my body shape is far better than when I used to join the gym. more humanly, more curvy and natural and I feel lighter and more athletic. the only problem with TRX is lower body where I need more weight than my own body.

Yeah, I still use the TRX for lower body exercises, but I also supplement with weighted squats (I use a kettlebell).
  • needernt
    needernt Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    needernt wrote: »

Yeah, I still use the TRX for lower body exercises, but I also supplement with weighted squats (I use a kettlebell).

I use also sandbag for squat. all in all, trx is enough to grow muscle, we don not actually need a gym membership.
  • Gunr2147
    Gunr2147 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I used TRX in AFG for 7 months and noticed a lot of changes in strength and appearance.
    Getting back to it with their 12 week program.