What to eat before workout to avoid black outs?

simply_healthy
simply_healthy Posts: 175 Member
edited September 26 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey All,

I had flashes of blackouts while working out today and I m kinda concerned about them now.

Please help me out here.. What should I eat before workout ? What should I avoid eating before workout ? What should be time gap between the pre work out meal and workout session ?

Thanks,
S.K.B

Replies

• Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Honestly, if you're blacking out you should probably go see a doctor, as it could be a sign of something more serious than just not eating before working out.
  • shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    You should talk to a doctor.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    I would see a doctor before you even think about working out again
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    are you getting enough water?
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 810 Member
    I agree with everyone else. Check with your doctor. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water and getting enough good foods in you each day. Lots of protein!
  • FatUncleRob
    FatUncleRob Posts: 341
    You should talk to a doctor.

I agree!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    See your Physician don't rely on our advice on this one.....
  • rosybella9
    rosybella9 Posts: 19 Member
    First: doctor asap

Second: You should Google hypoglycemia and see if any of those symptoms sound familiar. If so your doctor can run blood tests to verify. I am hypoglycemic and if I didn't eat a meal before working out, I'd pass out too.
  • rosec005
    rosec005 Posts: 67 Member
    I used to have a lot of issues with blacking out with exercise (or anything really) and I went to see my doctor (which I definitely agree with everyone else, schedule an appt. now!). For me it ended up being dehydration and iron deficiency, which was an easy fix, but there are more serious things it could be.
  • Definitely see a doctor but it sounds like lack of oxygen. Do you hold your breath?
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,313 Member
    I'm going to sound like a broken record here but go see your doctor. This could be simply a food issue, or it could be something far more important to look into. Blacking out is not something normal with a workout, and is not something to ignore.
  • 1234lbsgone
    1234lbsgone Posts: 296 Member
    Yeah, no matter how many have said it before me.... see a doctor please. And make it ASAP.
This discussion has been closed.